Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Dear Santa .......
« on: 14/12/2011 at 18:19 »
OK, we've been having a look at our thoughts for the Best Tackle Products in 2011 in another thread ...... So what are you going to ask Santa for this year?

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

Re: Dear Santa .......
« Reply #1 on: 14/12/2011 at 19:05 »
Nothing exciting from me  :z6
A box of 5 spools of grand max and a few new sixth sense competitior series sinking lines and thats it!
I am running out of things to buy and find myself just buying things for the sake of it and not actully needing anything  :cry
Be intresting to read what others are getting as it might give me a few ideas, home on the 27th so right in time for any bargains if theres any around  :z13

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 14/12/2011 at 19:39 »
Nothing exciting from me  :z6
A box of 5 spools of grand max and a few new sixth sense competitior series sinking lines and thats it!
I am running out of things to buy and find myself just buying things for the sake of it and not actully needing anything  :cry
Be intresting to read what others are getting as it might give me a few ideas, home on the 27th so right in time for any bargains if theres any around  :z13

:z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Andy Finlay

« Reply #3 on: 14/12/2011 at 20:12 »
Casting lessons because Im self taught and I'm :oops :oops :oops.

Oh and a Senna DVD :grin.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 14/12/2011 at 20:35 »
This computer is getting slow ..... there's one for my Santa letter, a new electrickery box :z16

Cheers
Mike

bobinalong

« Reply #5 on: 14/12/2011 at 20:38 »
A selection of tying threads, wires and stuff  :z16. I have no idea what to do, but I sure as hell am going to have a go  :X1  :X2

Oh, and a bottle of single malt, just in case it all goes pear shaped :z19, or I have something to celebrate  :z4 :z4 :z4 :wink

Cheers  :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 14/12/2011 at 20:46 »
There's always something to celebrate! :z16

Cheers
Mike

Loxiafan

« Reply #7 on: 14/12/2011 at 20:46 »
Dear Santa, I have been a very good boy all year and have filled my Tax return in on time so for Xmas can I please lose less fish in 2012, especially the 'good' ones ! :z19

Lindsay

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 14/12/2011 at 23:18 »
I know this will sound a bit wishy washy, but all I really want for 2012 is a few more days fishing, a few less days working, tight lines for me and my chums, fair conditions and a fair fishing breeze :cool:

If it had to be 'material things' then a decent fly tying desk and a top quality wading stick would be right up there on my list to Santa :wink plus a few other things, but hopefully there's plenty of birthdays and Christmases still to come to see those wishes fulfilled.

H :z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 14/12/2011 at 23:41 »
Wishy washy is good :z16

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 16/12/2011 at 00:24 »
I have spent rather too much on tackle in 2011, and when I say rather, I mean wayyyyy too much, so no fishing gear for xmas for me!

However, I am getting a nice new camera bag/rucksak from LowePro so I can bugger off up mountains etc with a camera and a few lenses but still have room for a camelbak and clothing. Pretty funky design.

Kev Danby

« Reply #11 on: 16/12/2011 at 09:01 »
New waders and boots for me. I've had the last pair for 4 seasons.

Must remember no to take mini me as he seems to cost me a few extra pennies at the tackle shop.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 16/12/2011 at 09:07 »
Must remeber no to take mini me as he seems to cost me a few extra pennies at the tackle shop.

:z4  :z4  :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 16/12/2011 at 23:29 »
I don't get presents anymore  :z19  I'm a buyer now  :z19

BUT I do buy things for myself  :z16 as a way of saying Thank You for being lovely  :X2

So I've bought myself a Caimore slotted Salmon Fly Box (arrived)
A Simms RADAR hat for the 11th February and there on in
I really need one fishing video so at least I can pretend to be on a bank somewhere on Christmas Day - I think I'm going to purchase The Fish & The Fly 2  Nymphs but I've maybe left it too late - i'll go online in a mo

Then  it's off down the Docks to help finance my 'boo

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #14 on: 17/12/2011 at 08:42 »
Then  it's off down the Docks to help finance my 'boo

Save your integrity man, you don't need a grass rod  :X1

H :z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com