Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Loxiafan

Re: Fly Boxes
« Reply #15 on: 17/12/2011 at 14:38 »
Got one of the Caimore boxes as above. So impressed with it I have ordered another one. The middle 'leaf' can be pulled out so things like DHE's won't get their upwings 'splayed'.

Fantastic for the dosh, thanks for the heads up Iain !

Lindsay

Iain Goolager

« Reply #16 on: 17/12/2011 at 16:23 »
Lindsay,

Due to the fact that the leaf is positioned in a way so that it is biased toward the slotted foam on the lid it leaves a larger gap for the wings of the flies placed in the bottom of the box and this is where I place my overly delicate stuff.

As the box hold something like 940 flies, well at least has this amount of slots, then removing the leaf and leaving 2 spaces between flies still allows you to have more than enough fly patterns & in various sizes to cover eventualities.

Iain

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #17 on: 09/01/2012 at 20:22 »
Well I'm finally Happy when it comes to flyboxes.

I have been able to convert my favourite flybox to have the attributes that i have always wanted it to have.

Thanks to a £4 foam insert from Richard Wheatleys site, my classic flybox is now the perfect river box for barbless flies, i've converted my smaller Wild Trout Trust Compartment box too for £3 Very happy. A cheap and easy way to transform your favourite box into a brand new barbless friendly box :z16

heres the page  http://www.richardwheatley.com/acatalog/Accessories.html

here are the results

Good stuff

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com