Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Loxiafan

Orvis Endura Waders
« on: 26/08/2012 at 16:16 »
Quick quezzie - I bought a pair of Orvis Endura Stockingfoot waders couple of weeks back. They are unworn and still in the box. I assumed they were breathable but it seems it is only the boot foot version that is ? Does anyone know if they are not breathable eg. has got them and finds them "sweaty". If they are not breathable I will get them exchanged and 'upgraded' to the Silver Label Classics, might just do that anyway tbh.

Cheers,

Lindsay

josh

Re: Orvis Endura Waders
« Reply #1 on: 26/08/2012 at 22:29 »
Try wearing trackers or some some nylon. As jeans can cause sweat and leaking with cotton that's all I could say as that's all I know as I had that problem wearing jeans

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 26/08/2012 at 22:44 »
Quick quezzie - I bought a pair of Orvis Endura Stockingfoot waders couple of weeks back. They are unworn and still in the box. I assumed they were breathable but it seems it is only the boot foot version that is ? Does anyone know if they are not breathable eg. has got them and finds them "sweaty". If they are not breathable I will get them exchanged and 'upgraded' to the Silver Label Classics, might just do that anyway tbh.

Cheers,

Lindsay

Lindsay..... come on...... you must know they're breathable waders surely ???

Lifted from the Orvis site: ".....a new three-layer upper and a five-layer lower for better abrasion resistance plus a back-seam construction to eliminate inseam abrasion and you have one tough, but comfortable, stocking foot wader to hold up to hard fishing."

If they're not breathable they're hardly likely to be made from multiple layer construction now are they :?

So, they are breathable. Where did you get the idea that they were not :?

:z3

Loxiafan

« Reply #3 on: 26/08/2012 at 23:41 »
Lindsay..... come on...... you must know they're breathable waders surely ???.. Where did you get the idea that they were not :?

Jeez H  :z10

On Orvis Catalogue p.67 it specifies 3 and 5 layer upper for Endura Sockingfoots with the 4 layer version in the Bootfoot as "breathable". On the OrvisWebsite listed as "Endura Sockingfoot Waders", as opposed to bootfoot version "Endura Breathable Bootfoot Waders". This suggests only the "upper" (thigh above) is breathable on the Bootfoot. I bought the Endura Stockies thinking bargain, but then read the catalogue and thought 'ah, that's the catch' ! Maybe not as you say.

Thought it was a fair question given the marketing info...clearly not. Will get the Classics, possibly a better wader.

L

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #4 on: 29/08/2012 at 23:22 »
they're breathable, Lindsay. no problems there.  :z13

as an aside, bear in mind that breathables don't really breathe a lot and most certainly not the submerged part. they only evacuate a little air through parts of the wader that are not exposed to water.

i know it's not part of your original question but i completely agree with Josh. no pants, sports tights of different densities according to water/air temperature. (coolmax type thin layers for warm weather and polar fleece for the cold)
these keep me dry and subsequently happy.

cheers,
marc

Ben Dixon

« Reply #5 on: 31/08/2012 at 11:41 »
Hi Lindsay,

They are constructed entirely of breathable fabric with the exception of the neoprene bootie, more layers around the lower leg to help with puncture resistance.  If you are going to upgrade them then upgrade to the Sonic Seam wader, that is what I am in and what I have been in for a couple of seasons now.  Found them to be very reliable indeed, light weight and superbly seamed.  Only downside is that they are not as puncture resistant as some other waders but I would not recommend walking through anything in breathables that you would not walk through in bare legs anyway.

Cheers

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 31/08/2012 at 12:46 »
I would not recommend walking through anything in breathables that you would not walk through in bare legs anyway.

Water ? ;)

Allan Liddle

« Reply #7 on: 31/08/2012 at 18:14 »
 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Loxiafan

« Reply #8 on: 31/08/2012 at 20:46 »
Cheers Marc and Ben,

Picked up a pair of Sonic Seams today, might even get out and do some fishing this weeked having spent some of last week and weekend in hopsital....being rather ill at one point   :z6

Lindsay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com