Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Re: 4/5 wt Rods.
« Reply #30 on: 04/12/2011 at 20:09 »
Probably.
What is it? How much was it? How big is your budget??

:z1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #31 on: 04/12/2011 at 23:47 »
hey rob,  what do you call an idiot who hangs about with musicians?

... the drummer

ah, it's funny cos it's true... :)

Ahem..I believe the joke goes, Whats deaf and dumb and hangs about bands...the drummer!..lol

I will have you know the two notes I have to remember for the snare are very difficult. I can never remember which one is fleft and which is right..lol. Add to that the noise of those bloody pipes and it becomes a whole lot harder :)

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #32 on: 05/12/2011 at 21:55 »
OH! soundmixer I play clawhammer, My wife is the better player putting in much more practice than I do, but then she doesnt fish or tie flies and I repair the banjos, but I play a bit and rebuild and repair, easgach 1

Ray Dixon

« Reply #33 on: 18/04/2017 at 13:01 »
Hi Ewan, I sent you a pm regarding one of your guitars. Love​ the Marshall 800. You're right about the old Gibson models. Cheers, Ray

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #34 on: 18/04/2017 at 22:26 »
I remember Taking my 3 wt up to a hill loch but the snag was that I had taken a reek with a 6 wt line on it so I used it wih no problems other than the rod felt slower but it cast well enough , and I caught fish so the day wasn't spoilt, Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #35 on: 19/04/2017 at 09:01 »
I remember Taking my 3 wt up to a hill loch but the snag was that I had taken a reek with a 6 wt line on it so I used it wih no problems other than the rod felt slower but it cast well enough , and I caught fish so the day wasn't spoilt, Derek Roxborough

I use a 5 weight GT90 on my Sage XP 3 weight when fishing very close on the river. Allows the rod to load with only 10 feet of line out the tip.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com