Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

danbruce

Re: 4/5 wt Rods.
« Reply #15 on: 04/12/2011 at 00:10 »
Thats an impressive list of guitars. :z16

Surprised you get any fishing done with all that toys at home to play with. :grin

Dan

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #16 on: 04/12/2011 at 00:12 »
Pah...Guitars??? Nothing compared to my collection of drum sticks!!!  :z4

Loxiafan

« Reply #17 on: 04/12/2011 at 02:02 »
...guitars? :shock Guitars...  :grin! I'm a guitar tart too Lindsay. Come on spill the beans; what have you got? :z12
Ewan

I think you have me beat there. Have sold some of the babies over the years including my prized Ibanez Jem 777. List at the mo is something like:

Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2009
Fender American Standard 1986 (my "No.1" )
Fender USA Highway One Strat 2004
Custom Ibanez (made to my own specs), basically a RG550 with Jem Neck and Custom pickups
PRS Santana SE II
Protone Squier Fat Telecaster 1996
1985 Ibanez Steel String (strung in Nashville Tuning)
Ridgewood Six String (surprisingly good)
Freshman 12 String Acoustic
1992 Rodriguez Model D Classical Guitar
Aria bass

For amps:

1986 or 87 Marshall JCM800 100 Watt Combo
Fender Deluxe Reverb Resissue (no mods but use with THD Hotplate)
Marshall Valvestate 275 Combo (nuke proof/low maintenance)

..and about a zillion boutique overdrives and fuzzes (these are my real addiction...sorry I should say I really NEED them). Ridiculous really but then again I have the excuse of being a professional !  :X2

L

Ewan Lindsay

« Reply #18 on: 04/12/2011 at 03:27 »
 :z3 Nice collection too Lindsay.

Some cracking amps too. Sounds like the same JCM800 as mine.

I have box of pedals I never use, the only one I do is an original 1967 Univox Superfuzz (I worship Townsend!) which cost me a fortune on eBay!!!

I must admit though, that I don't do any of this gear any justice, I am a bedroom guitarist with too much time on my hands (but I can hold my own on any AC/DC rythum track!).

Just to freak you and Soundmixer - my name is Ewan Lindsay...spooky eh?!

Great names think alike...

Ewan

Euan Innes

« Reply #19 on: 04/12/2011 at 09:33 »
You guys have way better toy boxes than me!  :z4

They only pedal that I have left is a little boost box that I made which is loosely based on a Dallas Rangemaster. It was the pedal that I most wanted but could never find, ever since I met Rory Gallagher. Now that was a drunken night!  :z18

I recently sold all the rest of my stompboxes to fund....
...An Orvis Access 104!! :grin (see how that gets us neatly back on topic  :wink)

And yes Ewan, that whole Euan, Euan, Lindsay thing is way too Twighlight Zone for me. For the younger audience, Twighlight Zone has nothing to do with gay vampires that "sparkle"...

:z1

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #20 on: 04/12/2011 at 09:46 »
All those guitars.....................

Makes me feel much better about my tackle tart tendancies  :z12

Thank you :z18

Sandy :z4 :z4

Iain Cameron

« Reply #21 on: 04/12/2011 at 10:49 »
Ridiculous really but then again I have the excuse of being a professional !  :X2

L

that's a lot of wood & string.
life's a lot easier as a bass player. fender jazz bass, gig with it all the time. perfectly simple, job done.
i,

Iain Cameron

« Reply #22 on: 04/12/2011 at 10:51 »
Pah...Guitars??? Nothing compared to my collection of drum sticks!!!  :z4

hey rob,  what do you call an idiot who hangs about with musicians?

... the drummer

ah, it's funny cos it's true... :)

Loxiafan

« Reply #23 on: 04/12/2011 at 16:06 »
that's a lot of wood & string.
life's a lot easier as a bass player. fender jazz bass, gig with it all the time. perfectly simple, job done.
i,

It's a mid-life crisis/boys collecting things Iain. 90% of my live playing 'career' (mid 80's onwards) was with a Fender Strat and Marshall amp, occasionally a chorus and delay (hey, it WAS the 80's afterall). From the 90's doon in Glesgae I only used an EQ (used as a gain boost) through the loop as a solo booster - that set up nearly blew up the King Tuts rig ( I can still see the sound guys face).

Loadsa 'bad' musician jokes:

Q. How many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb ?
A. Three. One to change it and two to look on and say" I could do it better/faster than that".

Q. What do you call someone who always wanted to learn the guitar, but didn't because it was too hard ?
A.  A Bass Player !

Q. How do you get a guitarist to stop playing ?
A. Stick some notation down in front of him and say "play that" !

My JCM 800 is sick - is Dennis Marshall down in Fife the only guy for fixing ? Or is there anyone up here ?

To bring it on topic I was in Somers yesterday oggling at all the nice Hardy rods !

Lindsay

Hamish Young

« Reply #24 on: 04/12/2011 at 16:14 »
To bring it on topic I was in Somers yesterday oggling at all the nice Hardy rods !

Don't worry, it's a passing phase and you'll soon feel better  :wink

Speak to Euan (soundmixer) about amps, I know he enjoys taking 'em apart and fixing 'em :z17

:z3

Ben Dixon

« Reply #25 on: 04/12/2011 at 17:36 »

Speak to Euan (soundmixer) about amps, I know he enjoys taking 'em apart and fixing 'em :z17

Really?  What's he like with HiFi amps?

Hamish Young

« Reply #26 on: 04/12/2011 at 17:46 »
Really?  What's he like with HiFi amps?

Never asked him, but I very much doubt if it's beyond his technical skills  :cool:

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #27 on: 04/12/2011 at 18:26 »
What about Banjos, 6 in our house hold
  a John Grey  custom neck
 2 Savannahs one fretless
  a windsor whirle no 1
 2 home made  travel banjos, I am looking for a cello Banjo with a 14 inch head
 all 5 string , Oh and a  4wt 3pc daiwa Algonquin ( canada) bought from ebay for £10, from a guy in Montrose, as nice as rod as I have ever bought easgach 1

Euan Innes

« Reply #28 on: 04/12/2011 at 18:32 »
Lindsay,
PM me with the symptoms and I'll see what I can do.

Ben,
Same but I don't know if I can help. Might be cheaper to buy a new one

Iain,

How do you know the stage is level? The drummer drools from both sides of his mouth  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Easgach,

Now that IS impressive. Never mind us wanky guitarists, hardcore banjo is awesome. Never could do the fingerpicking timing thing so always in awe of people who could  :z16

:z1

Ben Dixon

« Reply #29 on: 04/12/2011 at 18:55 »

Ben,
Same but I don't know if I can help. Might be cheaper to buy a new one

Intermittent sound and crackle on one channel, I have a suspicion that it is something to do with the volume control (which is unfortunately motorised).  Was a fairly expensive bit of kit when I bought it about 10 years ago.

Goosed you think?

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com