Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

down memory lane
« on: 24/11/2011 at 00:46 »
Suffering from SAD hastens the mind wandering back to days gone by earlier in the season.

There are more than a few strong memories but one that sprung to mind today was an afternoon on the Don that had a fair downstream wind keeping dry fly activity to a minimum when all of a sudden the wind ceased, the water went flat and the largest emergence of Yellow Sallys that I recall occurred.
It was strange as although the trout were going banzai for the flies, and very close to me (I was standing in a foot or so of water) I really wanted to film it but the angler in me won out. Sitting here now I really wish I had some footage as it was awesome.

The wind picked up where it left off, possibly 10 min's or so after dropping, and it was back to reality again.

A truly awesome short period and I thought that I really need to get some patterns in my box for next season.

I had a trawl through the net earlier but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so just tied a couple of variants.

Hope you like.......

Iain

Mike Barrio

Re: down memory lane
« Reply #1 on: 24/11/2011 at 00:54 »
Nice, very nice! :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com