Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

2011 not the best for float tubing?
« on: 23/11/2011 at 18:29 »
2011 ..... Has not been a good year for float tubing really, we have seen the Shakespeare tube slowly disappear from the shelves with no sign of more being produced and Steve Parton closing up shop too :z6

Personally, I haven't been impressed with any of the new tubes that came on the market either :z6

On a local level, we are also faced with mistakes / mishaps / poor management ( call it what you like ) where more than one club or syndicate water has ended up with fish health problems. In my opinion, these will almost certainly affect the access open to float tubing next year as fisheries simply cannot run the risk of possible infection :roll

Best wishes
Mike

Will Shaw

Re: 2011 not the best for float tubing?
« Reply #1 on: 11/01/2012 at 15:45 »
Hey Mike

Just read this. What's your opinion on the origins of the infections? Are they coming out of the fish farms, or the fisheries, or somewhere else?

W.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 11/01/2012 at 16:36 »
Hi Will :z16

Hmmm, tricky question ..... just as likely to arrive via stock fish as it is via cross infection from other waters.

Best wishes
Mike

Will Shaw

« Reply #3 on: 11/01/2012 at 19:24 »
Mmmm... That's what I was wondering.

What are the infections? Are they naturally occurring  in the UK? Any risk or evidence of infections in non-stocked waters?

W.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 11/01/2012 at 19:27 »
Hi Will

Will send you a PM :wink

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com