Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Sharp Fly Tying Scissors
« on: 08/02/2012 at 15:44 »
New fly tying scissors from Mick Bell at Bloke ..............

Richard Tong

Re: Sharp Fly Tying Scissors
« Reply #1 on: 09/02/2012 at 13:00 »
Nice one Mike. Have ordered a pair. At £9.99 with a RRP of £18 they have to be worth a punt as he has gone on film endorsing them

Richard

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 09/02/2012 at 22:26 »
Great stuff Richard, I thought they looked nice in the video :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Andy Wren

« Reply #3 on: 10/02/2012 at 07:30 »
Great stuff Richard, I thought they looked nice in the video :z16

Best wishes
Mike

They are even nicer in the hand ,I think they are excellent value for the money and came down to London very rapidly .

adambrain

« Reply #4 on: 14/02/2012 at 09:22 »
Excellent !! was just thinking about buying new scissors yesterday as mine won't cut water. :z16

Also, this website " bloke " are there products any good ? Dose anyone know ? I quite like the look of these. http://www.bloke-rods.co.uk/reel.html

Cheers Adam

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 14/02/2012 at 11:56 »
Also, this website " bloke " are there products any good ? Dose anyone know ? I quite like the look of these. http://www.bloke-rods.co.uk/reel.html

Mixed views from me and this is just my experience. Tried one of Ians Bloke XL50's at Glentanar, thought it was really nice, bought one of the 7 weight ones for Sea Trout, and its pants, infact I woud say it was shocking. Best bit about it is the tube it came in. Will willingly let anyone have a shot as I would like a second opinion.

Plenty of good and bad reports online. Would suggest trying to get your hands on one first before parting with cash (as with any rod or reel you buy) and don't buy off the website as he sells the same rods and reels at a fraction of the price on ebay.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com