Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Re: 'Leader to Hand' Method
« Reply #15 on: 15/11/2011 at 23:27 »

Sounds like an effective way to catch fish especially if they are spooky or in thin/ clear water and I'll not knock it (as I bought a Tenkara outfit this season - haven't really used it in anger though) but I'm comfy with catching fewer fish on my prefered traditional outfits.

never say never though

Iain 

Alex Burnett

« Reply #16 on: 15/11/2011 at 23:32 »
Iain

Do you only get Thick water in Ireland? :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Alex

Iain Goolager

« Reply #17 on: 15/11/2011 at 23:53 »
 :z4 :z4  Aye Mickey Finn

Let's not play this dangerous stereotype game Alex, Noel is not one to be messed with if he's had a Scotch :shock

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #18 on: 16/11/2011 at 07:11 »
Haven't seen my hat since that day. I want it back Iain.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #19 on: 18/11/2011 at 11:00 »
Hi Noel.
Cogratulations to yer Home Nation on reaching the finals, as you know i follow a provincial Eastern Scottish team who wear the green so i'll have a green hat on next summer.

Re the Crask, sorry i thought i'd done a report but memory loss is a hell of a thing Neil.

To answer your other question re the nymphs in NE river Nigel, well to be fair i have to go with one of your findings on that one, i.e i generally find dries better.  Certainly for 'Rod Benders' which is really why i'm out on the Dev and Don in the first place.

However that said it's a matter of personal method choice and i tend to stick with dries (even on lochs) when i know other methods will score better because i love to fish that way (it's all about the visual thing and the fact that for me dries often produce better troots, oh aye and the fact i'm getting lazy, more cantankerous, forgetfull, lazy, stuck in my ways, lazy, forgetful, cantankerous and eh what was i trying to say again?)

Allan L (i know it's me cause i checked my driving license)  :wink :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com