Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Lochaber Highland Estates, River Spean.
« on: 15/03/2007 at 10:47 »
hello again,

this may be a bit far out the fishingthefly domain but does anyone know about the River Spean? for my birthday i was given a share in the Lochaber estate, and am now a Laird! but most importantly it comes with a mile of the Spean near the Spean bridge i think. if anyone could think of any hints and tips for me before i head up there to try my luck i'd be most grateful! i'm hoping that if i put in the miles  :z2 before i go and keep my ears and eyes  :z5 open before i go up there i wont be  :oops: or  :mad: but  :z4 by the time i come home!  :lol:

cheers folks all the best

Colin.

Hamish Young

Re: Lochaber Highland Estates, River Spean.
« Reply #1 on: 15/03/2007 at 16:07 »
Quote from: "Colin Davidson"
hello again,

Hello  :cool:

this may be a bit far out the fishingthefly domain but does anyone know about the River Spean?

Yup - me  :wink:

for my birthday i was given a share in the Lochaber estate, and am now a Laird!

errrrr - aye :z4  :z4  :z4  

but most importantly it comes with a mile of the Spean near the Spean bridge i think. if anyone could think of any hints and tips for me before i head up there to try my luck i'd be most grateful!

Indeed, I have seen this fascinating lot several times over on a well known internet auction site  :roll:  If I'm right the beat is well upstream and in truth pretty much devoid of fish except the (very) occasional sea trout and quite a few salmon at the back end. There is some good trout fishing to nbe had on the Spean, but to be sure of what you are likely to find have you a grid reference or exact directions as to the stretch of water you own  :?:

« Reply #2 on: 16/03/2007 at 13:00 »
hamish,

not the confidence building response i was hoping for but thankyou, suppose its true there is nothing for nothin. i'll pop up the grid ref tonight when i get home, both in WGS84 and OS.

Cheers, Colin.

spiros

« Reply #3 on: 17/03/2007 at 11:08 »
Saw this Laird of Lochaber thing a few years back and with buying a square foot of land for £29.99 i dont understand how everyone who owns a footprints worth of ground can have fishing rights for a mile of water.This must be a gimmick surely or everyone would be buying.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com