Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

adambrain

Sea fishing??
« on: 31/10/2011 at 14:55 »
Can anyone tell me what the sea fishing is like around this time of year was thinking about fishing up past the light house south of Aberdeen harbour, fly, spinning and if I can be bothered maybe a bit of bait fishing.
Its been years since I fished the sea so any info would be great.

Thanks Adam

Rob Brownfield

Re: Sea fishing??
« Reply #1 on: 31/10/2011 at 16:12 »
Matt is ya boy for sea fishing around these parts but just now we are waiting for the first of the winter cod to come in.

The bit you are talking about I have fished a lot over the last 18 months, both with fly and lures. The Mackeral have all but gone and about the only thing taking lures/flys are small pollock and saithe. It is possible to take Wrasse on lures too, but again, they have all but gone in search of deeper, warmer water. You are about 6 months too late to start a campaign ;)

If you are going to give it a bash., make sure you are with someone. The forecast for the forseeable future is strong South Easterlies and that will make most of that coastline unfishable or at best, extremely dangerous.

There are a few cod comming off and i am waiting for the seas to drop and I will be straight out there on a night tide..but with massive cocktail baits of lug and squid on 6/0 pennel rigs. They like a big mouthful :)

adambrain

« Reply #2 on: 02/11/2011 at 08:17 »
Cheers Rob. Might just leave it till next year :z3

Adam

Iain Cameron

« Reply #3 on: 02/11/2011 at 18:28 »
Cheers Rob. Might just leave it till next year :z3

Adam

you might find some useful info on the forums at
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/

there is a scottish forum - but with so much coastline, what works in ayrshire may be useless in abdnshire!
iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com