Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Ya gotta love Ebay!
« on: 22/10/2011 at 19:35 »
Result!
Just picked up a Teton LA for £37!  :z16

It's the same age (thereabouts) as the one I've used for the last 16 years and it's the same dark blue.
I have also waited a very, very long time for this age of Teton to come up. Plenty of Tiogas, but never a Teton.
This means that my original will go on either my Scott or, more likely, my bamboo.

So what's so good about old Tetons? The drag could stop at least one train, but handles everything smaller. The spool tolerances are just ace, with no float or rattle. The drag is sealed so a little bit of grease once year on the spindle is all you need.

The new one?
That will be on my Access 104 and will be dressed with my new Wonderline Powertaper.  :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

:z1

Mike Barrio

Re: Ya gotta love Ebay!
« Reply #1 on: 22/10/2011 at 19:42 »
Simply tetonic :z16

Quickcast 84

« Reply #2 on: 22/10/2011 at 21:41 »
sounds like you got a ferrari for a grand  :z16

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 22/10/2011 at 22:50 »
sounds like you got a ferrari for a grand  :z16

I'll let you know when it gets here, but you could be right  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

I was saying to my good lady a couple of hours ago that I don't think I have ever seen another Teton in all the years that have passed since I bought my one from Richard  Walkers shop along with my Loomis GLX. Do any of you forum persons have one or used to have one?

danbruce

« Reply #4 on: 22/10/2011 at 22:53 »
Sounds like a bargain.

Have to admit i spend hours scanning ebay for a possible bargain.

A few months back i Bought a custom made 9' 3wt made from a harrison advanced blank, it came with a hardy marquis #5 reel with floating line and backing. Pretty new to fly fishing but have to admit i love the rod  and reel, even if the rod has been made to someone elses spec.
And all for £65 it has to be the best purchase i have made on ebay.

Dan :grin

Quickcast 84

« Reply #5 on: 22/10/2011 at 23:40 »
well dan,the reel itself would be your moneys worth,so you should be proud of your purchase  :z16

Quickcast 84

« Reply #6 on: 22/10/2011 at 23:49 »
i have 1 of these reels sitting in the shed,i would never sell it or use it,as it was left to me in a will.i have looked at it many times,but dont have the balls/corouge to use it,cus the man upstairs will be cursing me for not using it properly,as the way he did lol.£37 is a steal soundmixer,very,very rare  :z13

Kev Danby

« Reply #7 on: 24/10/2011 at 09:08 »
I have a teton purchased a few years back from Spiderman along with Daiwa Lochmor 14ft. Currently used for sea trout and salmon in the western 3. lokked several time to find a spare spool but never had much success.

Euan Innes

« Reply #8 on: 24/10/2011 at 10:08 »
Kev,

I found this guy online in the States.

http://petesflyshop.com/catalog/reels.htm

Scroll down and see what he has under Teton. I haven't called or emailed him yet to see if he ships overseas.
If some of us wanted spools or reels I might get my brother in law in Houston to buy them and get them shipped so as not to pay any, ahem, "extras".

Now I just need the money  :z4

Kev Danby

« Reply #9 on: 25/10/2011 at 08:50 »
Cool I'll take a look and see which model and size I have.

Cheers

Kev

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com