Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

jpm75

Re: Salmon Doubles
« Reply #30 on: 26/10/2011 at 21:36 »
Thanks Mike,   the blue pearl shrimp seen a few Grilse this season on the Drowes, in Donegal. My mates best fly this year.. Although not seen in the photo the body is tied with blue holographic tinsel with pearl mylar over the top.
John

Iain Goolager

« Reply #31 on: 27/10/2011 at 01:51 »
 :z16
Nice flies there John.

Getting any salmon action at the moment?

Iain

jpm75

« Reply #32 on: 27/10/2011 at 08:11 »
To tell you the truth Iain, I bought a double hander and all the trimmings earlier in the year. Never cast one before so I thought I'd give it a try, but I haven't even put the line on the reel yet. So no, no salmon. Gonna wait till January and I'll fish the Drowes at the start of the season. What about yourself?
John.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #33 on: 27/10/2011 at 22:37 »
Hi John,

:roll  So did you fish for Salmon purely with the single hander? (due to fishing smaller rivers for example) or are you not a serious Salmon angler, so to speak?.................... the reason I ask is that you seem to tie an array of Salmon flies, including the fully dressed variety & I got the impression that you'd be a dyed in the wool Salmon bum.

Keep the flies coming, they are great.

Iain

jpm75

« Reply #34 on: 28/10/2011 at 07:18 »
Yeah Iain something like that. I've fished with single hander a few times in the past but would have used the worm or prawn mostly. But now that I've ben tying for two or three years I'd like to try some of the salmon flies hence the purchase of the double hander. Some of my friends fish for salmon and salmon only so I would tie flies for them. I started tying the dressed flies purely for my own personal satisfaction. I guess I just love to be at the vice, I do like to be on the bank or out in the boat as well though in fact I'm going out stockie bashing today after work. Can't wait.
John.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com