Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Quiet Weekend
« on: 07/10/2011 at 20:16 »
Hi folks :z16

Haddo is a bit quieter this weekend, so if you are looking for a last minute boat I currently have a couple available on both Saturday and Sunday :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Liam Stephen

Re: Quiet Weekend
« Reply #1 on: 07/10/2011 at 20:22 »
Can I put down a mabye for Sunday then- i'll confirm tomorrow, if the fish play nicely  :grin :grin

Thanks

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 07/10/2011 at 20:23 »
Can I put down a mabye for Sunday then- i'll confirm tomorrow, if the fish play nicely  :grin :grin

Thanks

OK Liam ......... Let's see how you get on tomorrow :z4

Cheers
Mike

Derek McLaren

« Reply #3 on: 07/10/2011 at 20:32 »
hi mike sent you a pm re boat

cheers

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 07/10/2011 at 20:45 »
hi mike sent you a pm re boat

cheers

Reply sent thanks Derek :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Derek McLaren

« Reply #5 on: 07/10/2011 at 20:49 »
thanks mike will see you tomorrow any particular fleas we will need??

:z18

derek

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 07/10/2011 at 20:58 »
Ah .... good question, Liam was asking the same :cool:

Klinks, spiders and CDCs in 14 and maybe 16 are still taking fish in calm conditions and in a slight ripple, but if the wind gets up they appear to want something larger on the surface like Claret Bumbles, sedges, Hoppers etc and retrieved very quickly to catch their attention.

White nymphs, from small ones up to white damsels and mini cats have been working well and traditional wets too.
( Now that I have said white - they will want black tomorrow ) so I imagine snatchers, cormorants, damsels and crunchers etc might also be on the menu  :z4

So ..... come along with an open mind and try lots of methods  The fish have been less easy to work out over the last couple of weeks, plenty feeding and splashing about, but not so many caught ..... I can't help thinking that the "October best method" has yet to be found :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Derek McLaren

« Reply #7 on: 07/10/2011 at 21:08 »
thanks mike will bring the wee rod and dries

:z16

derek

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com