Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Liam Stephen

Airflo Stream Tec XT #4/5
« on: 04/10/2011 at 18:15 »
Hi Guys, 

Looking into buying this rod soon, so was just wondering if anyone has got one or owned one previously? It is available in a 9ft 4/5 or a 10ft 4/5- which would be better for the Don and Haddo? Or does anyone have any other recommendations of similar spec rods under £100? Or do any of you 'Tackle Tarts' on here have any similar rods locked away which you would be willing to sell?

Thanks

Iain Goolager

Re: Airflo Stream Tec XT #4/5
« Reply #1 on: 04/10/2011 at 21:51 »
Liam,

I've a 4wt 4 piece Guideline LPXE which doesn't seem to get out much anymore (used to be my go to rod) which would suit both your type of fishing on the Don and Haddo. Drop me a pm and you can trial it for as long as you like.

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 04/10/2011 at 23:44 »
I'd take Iain up on that Liam.  Don't go buying any rod unless you have cast it first, take your usual fishing line and arrange to have a cast with the rod, any decent shop will be able to arrange that for you and make sure you cast it at all ranges you are likely to want to use that particular rod for.  By that I mean don't just pick it up and see how far it will cast, if it will be used mainly for dry fly at close range out of the tube then test it for that.

Cheers

Ben

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 05/10/2011 at 06:39 »
A generous offer from Iain there, worth taking him up on it Liam :z16

:z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com