Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Fishing in Cheshire/Lancashire?
« on: 30/09/2011 at 22:03 »
Off to a wedding in London mid October but I am driving back on my own as Cass is off to the US straight after the wedding.

This means I have 2 days to get back home so was looking at stopping off half way home for some fishing.

I am looking at Meadow Fishery near Chester (Meikle Trafford) as I get a lot of my rod building stuff from John there, but is there anywhere else people can recommend?

I would prefer somewhere quiet where I can spend a few hours stalking trout or fishing on the top. Maybe even a river?
Cheers

Ben Dixon

Re: Fishing in Cheshire/Lancashire?
« Reply #1 on: 30/09/2011 at 22:31 »
Keep driving a while and hit one of the Solway rivers for some grayling.

Cheers

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 01/10/2011 at 18:28 »
Tiz an idea but if I was doing that I would rather hit Loch Maben for the Bream this time of year, some monsters and big numbers of them.

I really want to stick north of Birmingham and south of Carlise. I will be packing a 4 weight and a 5 weight in the car, so small waters or rivers.

Thanks again

Peter Rawlinson

« Reply #3 on: 01/10/2011 at 22:58 »
Meadow Fishery takes some beating .  Not much better down there . Brilliant shop also .

However if you want a change - -and a laugh ---  try Clay Lane Farm  past Knutsford .  I thought it was a real Mickey Mouse fishery but I blanked on the day .  Everyone friendly and helpful .

Cheers  , Pete

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com