Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eugenio Antonielli

SEA FISHING in CONGO
« on: 10/03/2007 at 11:16 »
HI FOLKS,

it is an uphill battle the one I am fighting here: rough seas and coastline, few signficant river mouths proved to be a real challenge for me.
But no retreat no surrender. I am fishing now with the 8 WF sinking sealine and my loyal Flylogic 9" 8/9 which made wonder up there on the scots lochs and works well even here. But, so far, only small catch of baby jacks (caranx crysos) or Elopids. Theory goes well, practice is tough...I am reading the Lefty Kreh sea fishing bible: anybody has got experience on Atlantic sea fishing??
Attach areal view of the mighty Kouilou River (1600cum/sec) where also Tarpons are!!
Tight lines, BARBASSA

Sandy Nelson

SEA FISHING in CONGO
« Reply #1 on: 10/03/2007 at 22:38 »
barbassa

Is that a Dauphin? looks like one from what i can see.Whose is it?
nice view out the window. :z5

Sandy

Eugenio Antonielli

SEA FISHING in CONGO
« Reply #2 on: 12/03/2007 at 13:10 »
Chopper type: NO IDEA, but I can ask the guy who was onboard, few weeks ago.

As for the fly fishing the mouth, well, yesterday was one more blank...seen no chasing predators, fished the water, changed from sinking WF to shooting head...chenged streamer, deceiver....no way to get an attack...difficult waters indeed,

BARBASSA

Mike Barrio

SEA FISHING in CONGO
« Reply #3 on: 12/03/2007 at 13:59 »
Nice boat Barbassa .......... you must be on the economy fishing package then  :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com