Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Re: Rugby world cup
« Reply #30 on: 01/10/2011 at 16:01 »
There are so many things I want to say but don't want to offend anyone so I'll keep my gob shut.
Except, when a man is tackled and let go he is not tackled, and should not be penalised for not releasing.
And when a man is impeded after he chips the ball forward that is a penalty.

Harsh result....

:z19 :z1

Hamish Young

« Reply #31 on: 01/10/2011 at 17:39 »
Oh pish  :z10 ...... and that's all I have to say about that game.

H :z3

Paul Rankine

« Reply #32 on: 01/10/2011 at 18:18 »
There are so many things I want to say but don't want to offend anyone so I'll keep my gob shut.
Except, when a man is tackled and let go he is not tackled, and should not be penalised for not releasing.
And when a man is impeded after he chips the ball forward that is a penalty.

Harsh result....

:z19 :z1

Yep,
        The referee's interpretation of the rules at clinical points in the game was a wee bit hard to take at times.
 For us folks who know our rugby  :wink 

It'll be said that we were not there to see it , and the ref was , which is of course true.

But ... and here is but one more example ,
                                                               how can the tackled player (Scottish of course ) be penalised for not releasing when he has obviously tried to feed the ball back ( the ball is caught between his knees !!) but has been prevented from doing so by the weight of the english forwards on top of him . If we can see that on the telly why can't the ref. see that too ?

The non tackle question is valid too. In fact another Scottish player carried out a carbon copy move two minutes later and was not penalised . Inconsistent refereeing at many other points in the game mostly in terms of penalty awards to england .

Some very poor decisions there.

Sour grapes ? You bet . The lesser team won and they knew it.

Paul.

PS: So there I,ve said it:grin

Jim Eddie

« Reply #33 on: 02/10/2011 at 15:15 »
Well done Ireland, just Wales to beat (which they are more than capable of) and its into the last 4  :z16

:z18

Jim

Keith Evans

« Reply #34 on: 03/10/2011 at 20:03 »
Well done Ireland, just Wales to beat (which they are more than capable of) and its into the last 4  :z16

Jim

More chance of being sucked to death by a Tulip mate.... :z4

They are playing very well though.. but so are Wales..To win by such a margin and keep Fiji down to a zero points total, speaks volumes..

Being Welsh I pray for wales to win of course, but whoever wins it should be a superb game, with the winner being in with a real chance of going all the way... :z18

Bloody shame about Scotland though.. I really thought they would win..and was cheering for them all the way...and maybe they should have.

Euan Innes

« Reply #35 on: 03/10/2011 at 20:29 »
One more thing  :mad
Delon Armitage got a ONE match ban today for a high, foul tackle on Chris Paterson.
Don't recall any penalty being given for that....
 :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

:z1

« Reply #36 on: 03/10/2011 at 20:55 »
There were several penalty offences which were not picked up.  Some of the blocking of kickers looked suspiciously like training ground moves....

David Davies

« Reply #37 on: 04/10/2011 at 19:27 »
I don"t wish to gloat, but then again
  :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19 :z19
seriously though, we"re playing that bad we just might win it  :z7

Keith Evans

« Reply #38 on: 09/10/2011 at 01:33 »
So Wales are still in there then.. and will play France in the semi's..  Hopefully the way they are playing they will get to the final...  Its anybodys to win now..

Come on the taffs..... :z16

Noel Kelly

« Reply #39 on: 09/10/2011 at 01:41 »
Hi Keith, good stuff out of Wales today. The dream continues and in some style :z16 Was disappointed for Ireland of course but ye were way better than us today. I for one will be supporting ye all the way. 

Jim Eddie

« Reply #40 on: 09/10/2011 at 06:41 »
Aye the best team won on the day, not found any fishing in Poland yet, found Jimmy Bradley's Irish Pub who opened at 07:00 to show the rugby  :z13

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com