Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Rugby world cup
« on: 10/09/2011 at 11:46 »
Anyone watching. I have been since 3.30, the occasional 40 winks on the couch aside. Should have slept through the England game. Nasty stuff.

Iain Goolager

Re: Rugby world cup
« Reply #1 on: 10/09/2011 at 17:01 »
I was going to stay up and watch it but something got in the way.....................oh! that's what it was.....LIFE!

Why you'd stay up to watch 12 (is there 6 players on each side?) upper class inbreds throwing an orb around which is an exact replica of your nugget, Lord only knows.

How are Wales doing?  you are Welsh right?

Only joshin' Trig

Iain

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 10/09/2011 at 20:13 »
I was sure Scotland would do better against Romania,lots of silly mistakes and England wow I cant see the N Hemisphere teams lasting that long unless they get their fingers out, easgach1

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 10/09/2011 at 20:21 »
Iain shut it. Easgach  England will improve I reckon and will top their group. France have huge potential and the also ran's will hopefully put up a good show.  I'm hoping Ireland's poor showing recently is all tactical but they are probably just shite.
Japan have been the team for me so far, what a brilliant team effort. Little guys with hearts of lions  :z14   

Quickcast 84

« Reply #4 on: 11/09/2011 at 00:51 »
never stayed up to watch,but watched highlights in the morning before work,scotland had a strong 1st half then they went to sleep 2nd half.
It is the same old story in every competition with england,all the hype is unreal,whether it be tiddly winks or football,1966 is their claim to fame,and the 1st team to defeat them after that was s??????d.
anyway,back to rugby.as a scotland fan i never expect to win any tournement,england cant help themselves,and with wilkinson taking conversions  :z4.ireland and wales are 2 very strong teams,but dont have the strenth and stamina to win this 1,early days but my money is on new zealand,with home advantage and brute strenth

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 12/09/2011 at 09:46 »
Here's a funny  :z4  :z4  :z4

Alex Burnett

« Reply #6 on: 12/09/2011 at 11:50 »
This one is specially for you Mike B  :wink

:z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Alex

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 12/09/2011 at 11:56 »
Nice one Alex ....... Love it :z16

Cheers
Mike

Keith Evans

« Reply #8 on: 13/09/2011 at 01:49 »
I have been watching this, and was absolutely gutted when Wales lost. 

Reckon the Uk teams will get better, and hopefully can at least win a couple of games. 

Roll on next weekend.. 

At least they play with the proper shaped ball... :z18

Cymru Am Byth... :z4

Dutchfly

« Reply #9 on: 13/09/2011 at 20:01 »
Here's one for my fellow countrymen...

Paul Rankine

« Reply #10 on: 13/09/2011 at 21:00 »
Hi, Dutchfly,
                    I think they call that "Total Football " ..... :z2 :z2 :z2 :z2 :z2
       :z4 :z4 :z4

I wonder why Holland are not in the Rugby World Cup though ?

or Belgium ( Ok then ! ) , or Germany ????? .

Given the advances that countries like Italy , Romania , Japan ????  ETC. have made.

Paul.

Alex Burnett

« Reply #11 on: 13/09/2011 at 21:03 »
Mike

Here is another Kiwi - Jock World Cup funny for you.

View My Video

Alex

Dutchfly

« Reply #12 on: 14/09/2011 at 18:37 »
That's easy, Paul. Holland's only got about 8000 rugbyplayers. That's seniors, juniors and women combined. We'll never be a force in rugby...

15-6 over Georgia, so 2-0. Good start for Scotland. No matter if the play isn't superb, it's the result that counts. Holland played terrible for most of the soccer WC and still made it to the final.

Regards,

Jeroen

Paul Rankine

« Reply #13 on: 14/09/2011 at 19:59 »
Hi Jeroen,

That's easy, Paul. Holland's only got about 8000 rugbyplayers. That's seniors, juniors and women combined. We'll never be a force in rugby...

15-6 over Georgia, so 2-0. Good start for Scotland. No matter if the play isn't superb, it's the result that counts. Holland played terrible for most of the soccer WC and still made it to the final.

Regards,

Jeroen

Never say never !  Look at Italy and the eastern Europeans and how they have developed.
Holland FT couldn't have played that terrible to make it to the Finals !!

Agree though that Scotland have ground out the results , much more solid against Georgia. Long may it continue !!!
I have a feeling that it may well be the bonus points that decide the Group though.

All the Best,
 :z18

Paul.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #14 on: 14/09/2011 at 21:34 »
Hi, Dutchfly,
                    I think they call that "Total Football " ..... :z2 :z2 :z2 :z2 :z2
       :z4 :z4 :z4

I wonder why Holland are not in the Rugby World Cup though ?

or Belgium ( Ok then ! ) , or Germany ????? .

Given the advances that countries like Italy , Romania , Japan ????  ETC. have made.

Paul.

Based on world rankings.
http://www.irb.com/rankings/full.html

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com