Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Den of Ogil
« on: 05/09/2011 at 18:56 »
A few of us went down to the Den of Ogil Reservoir on Saturday to test out the new batteries and electric motors. Thanks Baz for getting all the permits and boat keys , saving us the drive into Forfar.
conditions were near perfect, overcast , warm , light breeze. Fished reasonably well in the morning , somehow the fish went off after lunch, pressure front moving in ?
As usual Baz showed us the way to do it  :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 The motors and the bateries all performed well, I think we all had an enjoyable day. I certainly did with these two crackers, again my pictures don't really do them justice.

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

Re: Den of Ogil
« Reply #1 on: 05/09/2011 at 21:28 »
Yup,

well done Baz for organizing and for an impressive catch  :z16

It was great to give the electric outboard an outing and it performed admirably. As Jim said, the weather was great and the company was bearable (only joking Aunt Chellog :z4).

Here's a picture of Noel and a nice fish

It was an early start for most of the boys, which clearly showed as Noel turned up in his slipperettes

Poor Jim couldn't get a moments peace from the journalists.

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 05/09/2011 at 21:52 »
I look happy in that pic which was surprising considering I had to share a boat with bilbo bawbaggins from the shire

Somehow those fish seem to look smaller in the pics. That cock fish in Jim's pics was about 3 lbs the one I am holding was 2.75lbs, and Bilbo's would have been about 2.5lbs.
So cracking fish and a really really nice venue and if the fish were willing it would be an outstanding place to fish.
Cheers for a good day anyway lads and Baz for organising. You will have to share your fish catching secrets with us mere mortals Baz :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15   

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 05/09/2011 at 22:00 »
Was a fine day out and hopefully next time the fish show a bit more intrest , had a good day in the boat with david who spent the majority of the day puting up with my shiite jokes but glad he got a couple of fine troot :z4 :z16
 A strange day as far as fishing went and on a day when you thought we couldnt of had better conditions the fish just didnt play ball, next time i am sure Paul  :wink

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 05/09/2011 at 22:19 »
bilbo bawbaggins from the shire

LMFTO!   :z4 :z4

1st time in years that you've actually made me titter Trig   :z16

John Reid

« Reply #5 on: 06/09/2011 at 11:18 »
Good reports fellas.  Looks like you all had a good day and I am sure there would be plenty of pure sh1te jokes!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 06/09/2011 at 12:06 »
Great stuff guys ...... nice photos, lovely looking fish and a bit of fun! :z16

Cheers
Mike

Matt Henderson

« Reply #7 on: 06/09/2011 at 14:06 »
Noel I've just sprayed coffee all over my keyboard! Bilbo Baggins is quite possibly the best descritpion of our Iain yet!

Peter McCallum

« Reply #8 on: 06/09/2011 at 16:05 »
Noel I've just sprayed coffee all over my keyboard! Bilbo Baggins is quite possibly the best descritpion of our Iain yet!

What .... he's got hairy feet as well as being vertically challenged?? :grin :grin

David

« Reply #9 on: 06/09/2011 at 16:10 »
I had a really nice day out with a great bunch of lads. :z16 There were some really nice brownies caught. Baz's jokes weren't that bad,nor was his fishing. :z4:z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 06/09/2011 at 17:28 »
Looking back through the photos, I can see that you had plenty of fun and a fine day out David, despite Baz's jokes :z4

Did you ask your boat partner Irene what happened to her pink bonnet? Good to see Ann Kellogs with a big smile on her face ( possibly something to do with Master Kopparberg? ) Paula Rankini is looking a tad serious though, perhaps her boat partner took one look and did a runner leaving his wellies behind?

Great stuff :z16

Noel Kelly

« Reply #11 on: 06/09/2011 at 18:20 »
Oi Barrio I was completely sober in that pic.......unfortunately  :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 06/09/2011 at 19:38 »
Oi Barrio I was completely sober in that pic.......unfortunately  :z4

:z4  :z4  :z4

Paul Rankine

« Reply #13 on: 08/09/2011 at 12:47 »
Hi Mike,

Looking back through the photos, I can see that you had plenty of fun and a fine day out David, despite Baz's jokes :z4

Did you ask your boat partner Irene what happened to her pink bonnet? Good to see Ann Kellogs with a big smile on her face ( possibly something to do with Master Kopparberg? ) Paula Rankini is looking a tad serious though, perhaps her boat partner took one look and did a runner leaving his wellies behind?

Great stuff :z16

Serious , dead right I was serious. That's me putting on my flak jacket at the prospect of another blank !
Great day out , just shows that you don't have catch fish to enjoy yersel.
Keep saying it, keep saying it !!!!

paavo

« Reply #14 on: 08/09/2011 at 19:17 »
It looks like you had a good day out, nice trouts there too, thanks for sharing.  :z18

//Harri

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com