Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Rescobie
« on: 02/09/2011 at 18:26 »
Young Bazil and I fished Rescobie on Wednesday. Its a 200 acre loch a couple of miles west of Forfar. Decent boats and you can hire a leccy motor and battery if required.
It has a good head of Brownies, Perch and Pike and is stocked with Rainbows. The weather could not have been kinder, almost perfect but the fishing was hard we had to work for our fish, it was slightly less hard for Baz than it was for me.  :oops
Highlight of the day was a nice 5lber for Baz, he also hooked into something massive , thing took off like a train, screaming reel and got off just as he got down to the backing.
Never saw what it was , could have been a Pike ?

:z18

Jim

Euan Innes

Re: Rescobie
« Reply #1 on: 02/09/2011 at 20:40 »
I've tried three times over the years to fish Rescobie and thanks to you Jim it just moved up the list again.
I had also forgotten it's location and considering where I live I must have had a mad fit. Jeez, it's about 30 minutes away, what a dickhead. :z10

Sounds like you and Baz had a great day, even the one that Baz had an LDR with.

:z1

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 02/09/2011 at 20:40 »
Camera broken Jim?

it was slightly less hard for Baz than it was for me.

Maybe the north east boys will show the southern softies a thing or two when we get to grips with all this new fangled motors, sparklers, Di7's etc
 :z7

Glad you two had a good day out  :z16

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 02/09/2011 at 20:51 »
I've tried three times over the years to fish Rescobie and thanks to you Jim it just moved up the list again.
I had also forgotten it's location and considering where I live I must have had a mad fit. Jeez, it's about 30 minutes away, what a dickhead. :z10

Sounds like you and Baz had a great day, even the one that Baz had an LDR with.

:z1

Euan

It can be a harsh mistress, its a fertile typical lowland loch surroned by arable farms so it does suffer fron algal blooms. Its an emotional place for me as my late father used to take us fishing there in the 60s. I rember the excitement the first time we went, first time I had seen Rainbow trout. Floating line is all that you really need, if you hit it on the right day it can be brilliant. The bows all seem to be super fit.

:z18  

Barry Robertson

« Reply #4 on: 02/09/2011 at 21:05 »
Was a fine day out and just a shame we never saw the beast that whipped all my line off in seconds. A 13lber was also weighed in whilst we were out and an other around 8lbs  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com