Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

What do you do with yours...?
« on: 01/09/2011 at 23:56 »
OK,so you get home late, you hang all your sh#t (tube , waders, bags etc) on the washing line until you've had a shower, a bottle of wine, two drams and then you think "Well I'm not leaving that lot outside for the oiks to make off with".

So what do you do with it all (if you don't have a garage)?

Currently I have
Float tube (still wet) on the office door with a dog towel under it. The dog towel is doing nothing about the fish odour...
Waders on the spare room door. Dripp, dripp....
"Waterproof" bags on assorted door knobs.
Boots still outside (hidden)

WIFE NOT THAT HAPPY  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4
Had a great day so DGAF  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Those of you who are single need not answer :mad

:z1

Mike Barrio

Re: What do you do with yours...?
« Reply #1 on: 02/09/2011 at 08:48 »

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 02/09/2011 at 09:23 »
Fortunately I do have a choice of a couple of rather nice sheds to hang float tubes, waders, jackets and stuff in  to dry out and get an airing :wink

However, it has not always been so. 'Back in the day' I used to shift everything up into the loft or the airing cupboard before she who must be obeyed got home, but that plan rather relied on my being home before she was....

Getting rid of the smell from 'fishy' float tubes is relatively easy. Don't catch any fish  :z7
But seriously..... I have used anti-bacterial wipes (expensive) or a dilute washing up solution and a kitchen cloth. That works but you must clean & dry off the tube completely or you'll 'bubble' your way around the next time you go tubing.
Sadly, the bubbles do not perform as a suitable means of propulsion  :wink

By the way, I'm liking Red Oktober II - altogether a more substantial vessel  :z16

:z3

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 02/09/2011 at 10:03 »
The fishy smell is mainly the stripping basket so I can take that off and wash it.
I tried hard to not catch fish yesterday but it just didn't work out that way!!  :z7 (thanks for the photo Mike  :z16)

Everything is now dry and packed away and I didn't even get a cross word  :z4

The Red Oktober II is indeed a better ship. I need to experiment more with bladder inflation (you laddie, stop laughing) and tackle placement in the pockets (one more snigger and you'll get detention boy) but for a first trip I was very impressed. You sit much lower than a Snowbee but it's way easier to get in and out of. No pump needed either.

Ready for the next trip  :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

One thing though. The stripping basket ruler only goes to 20" - that really is NOT big enough for Haddo these days :z16

Peter McCallum

« Reply #4 on: 02/09/2011 at 10:36 »

One thing though. The stripping basket ruler only goes to 20" - that really is NOT big enough for Haddo these days :z16

Ooo'er missus

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 02/09/2011 at 11:15 »
That's it laddie, you'll stay behind after class and clean the dusters  :z7

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com