Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sieger Devries

Short introduction...
« on: 27/08/2011 at 21:02 »
Hi you all,

My name is Sieger (guess you already knew.. :wink) and I heavily involved in Flyfishing for a number of years now... In Holland we usually have to fish for 'white-fish' like rudd, roach, pike etc. as we don't have any salmonide water over here ... To fish for trout we have to go to a reservoir (pretty boring over here, no natural water..) or make a trip to Germany for 3 hours..

I went over to Ireland with 3 off my fishing buddies  in april this year and it certainly will not be the last time.. In fact I already booked a new trip in may next year to go for salmon.... In the mean time we will practice our speycasting an enjoy the water nearby . If you like to get an impression of the trip, take a look into my blog: http://tight-loops.nl/?p=788 It's in Dutch but there is a translate button (comes up with some pretty weird stuff sometimes... :grin )

I'm a big fan of Scotland and have been over for some 8 times now, but never to fish (was in my hill walking days)... But I'm pretty sure I will come over again and than I will take my rods for sure....

I ordered some Barrio lines, after getting to know them in Austria last june... I was very impressed by them and hope they will fit my rods as good as they did the one I tried them on...

So that's it for now... Hope to see you here or somewhere on the waterfront...

Jim Eddie

Re: Short introduction...
« Reply #1 on: 27/08/2011 at 21:09 »
Welcome to the forum Sieger

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 27/08/2011 at 22:25 »
Hi Sieger
Welcome to the forum :z16

Your lines are on their way and I hope you spend many enjoyable hours on the water with them!

Best wishes
Mike

Sieger Devries

« Reply #3 on: 28/08/2011 at 13:13 »
Thanks guys....!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com