Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dutchfly

CTS Affinity X
« on: 15/08/2011 at 20:58 »
Hi guys,

What's your opinion on these blanks? I've read good reports on the two handed rods, but not so much on the single handed ones...
For the coming winter I'm thinking about building a new 3 wt rod. The specs of the 8 ft 6 inch blank look promising enough, but so far I haven't found a Dutch importer to have a cast... Any rods I can compare them with?

Thight lines,

Jeroen

Ben Dixon

Re: CTS Affinity X
« Reply #1 on: 16/08/2011 at 00:00 »
Hi guys,

What's your opinion on these blanks? I've read good reports on the two handed rods, but not so much on the single handed ones...
For the coming winter I'm thinking about building a new 3 wt rod. The specs of the 8 ft 6 inch blank look promising enough, but so far I haven't found a Dutch importer to have a cast... Any rods I can compare them with?

Thight lines,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

I've a 9'#5 that is seriously fast and stiff, makes most Sage TCR's look a bit girly.  This is often the case with 9' #5 rods, I've not cast any others from the range so could not comment.  I'd definitely try to get a throw with one first.

Cheers

Ben

Irvine Ross

« Reply #2 on: 16/08/2011 at 08:12 »
Jeroen

I have a CTS Affinity X double hander and also a 10' #7 which is very light and a pleasure to use. Ben, Hamish and Magnus have also had a cast with it and they all liked it. I don't know anyone with a #3 but if it is as good as the #7, you will like it.

The CTS web site shows a distributor in the Netherlands

A-Rod Building

P: +31 594 506 080

Irvine

Dutchfly

« Reply #3 on: 18/08/2011 at 18:55 »
Thanks guys  :z16
I'll let you know how I get on.

Tight lines,

Jeroen

Matt Henderson

« Reply #4 on: 19/08/2011 at 02:14 »
I've got a 10ft 5wt Affinity Mx.  Pleasure to cast.  But I'm no expert I'll let Ben get his mucky paws on it at some point soon and will get him to report back..

cheers

matt

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com