Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Liam Stephen

Re: Bibios
« Reply #30 on: 15/08/2011 at 20:01 »
You guys are something else  :z4

Allan Liddle

« Reply #31 on: 16/08/2011 at 11:58 »
 :z4 Heading to the Don soon so if i meet someone fishing in a 'Gimp' mask i'll have a fair idea who it is.  :z4

Back to the flees.  Try either an underbody of black thread and then the tinsel over with the body dubbed very sparse over this (final rib of black thread).  This lets the colour 'bleed' through but protects from troot teeth damage too quickly.

Or tie as my Bibio Emerger body: (sparse)

Black seal / rabbit / green glister (choped fine) mix front and rear thirds with scarlet seals fur middle ribbed with black tying thread.  This gives the flash required via the glister (green better than pearl by the way) as well as offering a robust tying. Two, sometimes ever three fish  :z4  Nah to be honest i wouldn't know as i tend to stick mine in the trees or bushes long before any troot are interested.  :z4

BTW the rest o the Bibio Emerger is:
Head Two turns white cock trimmed below (no jokes please  :z7)
Hook size 12 to 16 B400 (or fine wire barbless equiv).

Try it as well without the red bit (Simply called the Black and White) or with claret instead of red (Claret bibio). Was up all night thinking the name for that one.  :z4

Offthebard

« Reply #32 on: 16/08/2011 at 17:08 »
The Welsh like to tie bibios with orange rather than the red.

The locals on the Wye and Severn swear by it and it prouduces well on the rivers for both brown and seatrout.

I like the idea of a Claret Bibio Allan :z17 may try tying a couple for my trip North.

The Bard.   

Allan Liddle

« Reply #33 on: 17/08/2011 at 10:06 »
Do them as Hoppers as well. (Size 12)  Heather Flies everywhere up here at the mo and the troot are taking a shine to them.

Ewan Lindsay

« Reply #34 on: 17/08/2011 at 22:57 »
These heather fly things were out and about at Haddo today (see photos).  Your Bibios would have worked well I'm sure.  I had over a dozen brownies on a Black and Claret Half-Hog/Sedgy/Hopper thing (It was Black with legs and a Claret body! - Mike knows it's real name!).

Ewan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #35 on: 17/08/2011 at 23:23 »
Hi Ewan

The fly was a 'Half Hog" :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com