Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Don Photo
« on: 12/08/2011 at 20:11 »
I fished the Don one evening last week'ish and as it got dark a misty eerie presence fell over the river. It was worth being out just for the ambience although I did manage 2 nice 1lb fish to the dry (out of the three I tried for  :z3).

Got the distinct feeling that the best of the seasons evening fishing had already passed  :cry

Not the best photographer but I think this captures the scene reasonably well

Iain

Noel Kelly

Re: Don Photo
« Reply #1 on: 12/08/2011 at 20:32 »
Awww Iain were you scared? You know you can always phone me and I will be right down with your cosy blanket and teddy.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 12/08/2011 at 20:50 »
HARDLY! me scared of the dark? 

You know you can always phone me and I will be right down with your cosy blanket and teddy.

Aye, if you can drag yourself away from 'An audience with Graeme Norton'   :z7

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 12/08/2011 at 20:53 »
Dude,

Where TF is that?  It could be anywhere!!  Certainly looks misty alright, out of interest how long before the pic was taken did you get the last fish and what was the temperature like?

Ben

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 12/08/2011 at 21:04 »
Ben,

It was lower Parkhill.
One fish was taken an hour before dark, the other was taken right on 'dusk' & I tried for another in pitch darkness although the light from civilization let me see his general location.

As I recall it was quite a warm clammy evening, as for the exact temp  :z8

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #5 on: 12/08/2011 at 21:05 »
Not a programme I am familiar with Iain, I do remember you speaking about it.  What was it you said "oh its just absolutely brilliant, gragham is my hero and so cute as well" or something like that.

Fog rising from the water means you should have gone home 5 mins ago in my experience but no doubt the creature from the fog will be on on a minute to tell everyone how wrong I am. :z18

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 12/08/2011 at 21:22 »
Who's Gragham Norton? Is he a friend of Ronnie Cobrett or Clint Eastward?

Dozy boy

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 12/08/2011 at 21:33 »
Sorry Ian.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com