Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Keith Evans

Hello...
« on: 08/08/2011 at 00:48 »
Hi Folks,

New feller here.. from N. Yorkshire. 

Got a sister just down the road from where the fishery is, so am planning on heading over to visit the fishery..ermm my sister asap!.

Have been reading some of the posts, and its good to be here on what looks like a super friendly forum.

Looking forward to leaning a bit more about lightweight fishing!

Cheers for now
Keith

Mike Barrio

Re: Hello...
« Reply #1 on: 08/08/2011 at 01:36 »
Hi Keith
Welcome to the forum :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Offthebard

« Reply #2 on: 08/08/2011 at 17:52 »
Now thats what I call good planning - a sister living right close to some fishing.

Well done Kieth and welocome aboard - always lots of good tips here.

The Bard.

David Davies

« Reply #3 on: 08/08/2011 at 18:40 »
hi keith
welcome to the forum
wereabouts in n/yorks are you, I ask as I am in the same area as you, also I have a son living not far from haddo, and when I visit , the first thing that I do is book a boat, you will find the site is a mine of info, just ask         

:z18
dave

Keith Evans

« Reply #4 on: 09/08/2011 at 01:26 »
Thanks folks..

@Dave..I am just outside Scarbourough..Spending a year in our Static Caravan..as I have finally semi retired.. and loving it here.

Finally time to get back to some fishing. 

Cheers
Keith

David Davies

« Reply #5 on: 09/08/2011 at 19:20 »
hi keith
I am a little north of you, a little village near saltburn, I get up to scarborough quiet often as I am a cricket fan, and I think scarborough is one of the best grounds in the country for watching cricket, the only time I fish is when I get up to haddo, and for me its a magical little place , and mike is a great host

:z18
dave

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 10/08/2011 at 21:48 »
Keith,

Welcome aboard  :z16

Lightweight is good.............. BUT don't be influenced by Dave as we don't really talk about cricket this side of the border  :shock

:z4  :z4

Iain

John Reid

« Reply #7 on: 10/08/2011 at 23:28 »
Welcome Keith.

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us.   :grin

David Davies

« Reply #8 on: 11/08/2011 at 12:33 »
you really should be proud of the cricket up here there are some fine teams, my son plays for ellon gordon and last week-end they travelled to glasgow and won the all scotland small clubs cup, a great achievment
sorry I digress I know its not fishing
 :z6
dave

Iain Goolager

« Reply #9 on: 11/08/2011 at 12:40 »
Dave, perhaps you know my old mucker Gordon Goudie?
his son Goggs Jnr plays cricket for the national team (although I give him stick, of course  :wink)

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com