Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Bryan

Sharpes
« on: 01/08/2011 at 19:45 »
Has any one seen a Sharpes of Aberdeen Fly rod called the 4 cast? Apperently its the replacement for the Belmomt!

Barry Robertson

Re: Sharpes
« Reply #1 on: 01/08/2011 at 20:33 »
No , why?

Bryan

« Reply #2 on: 01/08/2011 at 20:37 »
I am looking for a rod, went to a shop to look at Sharpes Belmomts, saw a Sharpes 4 Cast #7, asked about it and was told its the replacement for the Belmont.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 01/08/2011 at 20:47 »
Did you try it then??
Reading on from your previous thread about rods i think you are looking for someone to tell you what the ideal rod is! Maybe i am wrong but i dont think you are ever going to get the answer you are after. If you see something you like , try it it out and form an opinion as everyone else will have a diff opinion to youreself!
Buy a rod that suits you and one that YOU are happy with , dont buy a rod because 5 guys on a forum say its the best rod out just now!

Bryan

« Reply #4 on: 02/08/2011 at 06:55 »
Yes, I bought it, I will let you guys know how it goes in time. I have ben trying to look it up on the net, can`t find it any where.
 Havent had time to fish either!

Bryan

« Reply #5 on: 09/08/2011 at 07:26 »
I have managed to get the new Sharpes 4 cast ready to go, I did some casting in the garden to try it out.
 I cant compare it at all to the Abu Garcia, simply because there is no comparasion.
The Sharpes is far and away better, casting to the edge of the garden was effortless, where as the Abu did take some effort.
 In looking at the rod, I realise that I should have done my homework and bought a good rod to begin with instead of thinging i was going to find a top quality rod for a couple of quid at an auction.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: 09/08/2011 at 16:25 »
Homework = Trying out rods surely
I wonder how many rods you would of prefered to the sharpes had you of tried before you had bought the sharpes  :z8
Hope you have fun with your new rod anyway and as long as your happy thats all that counts  :z18

Bryan

« Reply #7 on: 19/11/2011 at 10:36 »
Well I am happy, went out yesterday and did a spot of fishing, caught 2  2Lbs rainbows, the casting and everything has vastly improved, great wee rod.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com