Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

head torches?
« on: 31/07/2011 at 09:21 »
my wee torch has died. electrics and water, bad combo.
So, thinking of one of those elastic head band type of head torches - be useful for releasing bats at midnight...

anyone got any good recommendations, or are they all much of a muchness?

worth getting the dual red light (for night) and white light?

cheers
iain

Hamish Young

Re: head torches?
« Reply #1 on: 31/07/2011 at 09:59 »
We use multi LED Petzl Zipka Plus head torches at work, ideal for the job with different power level settings.
They're strong, reliable and very nearly almost Coastguard proof..... in other words tested to destruction.
The option to use red light (oooh err missus) was on our older head torches, but in truth was little benefit -  a low light setting is just as good.

:z3

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 31/07/2011 at 17:56 »

Another vote for the Petzl head torches, i use the tikka version and have had it for a good few seasons and is perfect for night fishing  :z16

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1309&bih=966&q=petzl+tikka&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13437122543744061729&sa=X&ei=EIg1TunIMo2ChQedhJGHCw&ved=0CEgQ8wIwAw#

Iain Cameron

« Reply #3 on: 31/07/2011 at 19:28 »
cheers guys, thanks for the advice. being an impatient type, i picked up a cheapo 3 led torch in the supermarket today. it'll not be as good as the one recommended, but will hopefully be ok for a while

cheers
iain

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 31/07/2011 at 21:51 »
+3 on the Tikka.
If you want to see one for real, give me a shout at work Iain, 2961.
I've had one for years now and it now lives in my Orvis (plug) tackle bag as it's way better than a Maglite.

:z1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com