Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Den of Ogil
« on: 28/07/2011 at 21:51 »
My carer (Bigtroot) took me on a day out today.
He predicted a good days fishing with the chance of a decent fish or two and we weren't disappointed.

The bathymetry of the water meant that heavy density lines might be the order of the day.
All I had to do was turn up with my 7wt outfit including some sinkers and we would be set. FAIL! left my rod at home and the Fast Glass that I was sure would fit the bill dropped as slowly as someone being fataly shot in a 1950's western.
Kitted out with Baz's spare rod, reel, line and fly (Dirty Weekender?) we set about locating some fish.
The wind, when it came, turned more frequently than something that was designed specificaly to turn fairly frequently but it wasn't long before Baz was into a decent trout.

A fair few more came to the boat and with some lost fish and a hatfull of follows (not a Smiths album) it turned out to be a very enjoyable day.

Iain

Barry Robertson

Re: Den of Ogil
« Reply #1 on: 28/07/2011 at 22:19 »
Was fine to get out Iain  :wink
Glad you had a good day and hopefully get another day before the end of the season.
Best you get a few of those wee dries knocked up ready for next time  :z4

:z18
Baz

Iain Cameron

« Reply #2 on: 29/07/2011 at 00:12 »
amazing colours on those fish, nice!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 29/07/2011 at 07:48 »
Aye well done lads, weather looked like it was kind to you as well  :z16

:z18

Jim

ellon fly

« Reply #4 on: 29/07/2011 at 12:41 »
Very nice fish. It looks like you had a great day.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #5 on: 29/07/2011 at 13:25 »
Very nice fish being cuddled there ladies. Question for you baz. Did you wear ear protection or use your iPod?

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: 29/07/2011 at 18:01 »
Very nice fish being cuddled there ladies. Question for you baz. Did you wear ear protection or use your iPod?
Ear plugs was the way forward Noel, he doesnt half speak some tosh does he  :z4

John Reid

« Reply #7 on: 31/07/2011 at 00:07 »
Nice fish guys.  Are they your painting trousers Iain?  :oops :oops :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #8 on: 31/07/2011 at 00:54 »
Yes they are John, and funnily enough I was thinking of asking you for a loan of your moustache to creosote the shed  :z7   :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com