Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

bruce

Learn something new today!!!!!
« on: 22/07/2011 at 19:59 »
I just want to share with you all what i learnt today...

when you go to fish a place you havent been to for a while, i recommend you have a walk around the water first......( maybe i should do this everytime  :oops)

I couldnt get to haddo today as he was full :z10, so thought i would venture to a place between inverurie and huntly as i hadnt been there for ages. went in paid my money had a bacon roll then was speaking to gent about the fishing...

i wont go into to much depth of what was said but he recommended if i hadnt paid just go find somewhere else. :shock
i thought he was just being a bit of a joker until i got to the water or was it grass not sure as both were about the same, first cast fly lost in the weed in the water :mad
second cast fly lost in the weed behind me :mad :mad thinking i had just picked a dud spot i moved to another pond and pretty much the same thing after 20 mins threw the rod in disgust had a walk round to see if there was actually a chance of wetting a line. outcome NO, so threw rod in the car and went to a place just out side turriff and actually managed to hook a  :z15....

i wont be venturing to the place between inverurie and huntly again in the summer months and if i go in the winter months i will be checking all lochs first.....

a very grumpy Bruce

Noel Kelly

Re: Learn something new today!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 22/07/2011 at 20:13 »
I suspect I know where you mean!! It's not on that a business being run into the ground will still take the unsuspecting punters money. Actually thinking about it, Name and shame!!

Quickcast 84

« Reply #2 on: 22/07/2011 at 21:35 »
its a pitty aswell.this used to be a great place to fish all year round,up there with lochter for great fishing and huge trout! this used to be in my top 3 fishing venues,not anymore.its a shame it went downhill like it has.hopefully things will turn around in time

bruce

« Reply #3 on: 22/07/2011 at 21:45 »
I suspect I know where you mean!! It's not on that a business being run into the ground will still take the unsuspecting punters money. Actually thinking about it, Name and shame!!

The moderators dont like name and shame :z4 so i wont, but i wont be going an "inch" near it again for a while :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 22/07/2011 at 22:44 »
That's a shame Dude.
I seem to recall never wanting to go the extra "Inch" about 16 years ago because of a big fish attitude...
I do remember having a snake casting lesson from Magnus about that time that was fun though! :z16

Big fish, bad attitude, went further North to catch " :z15"

Ah well..........

:z1

Peter Rawlinson

« Reply #5 on: 25/07/2011 at 04:43 »
Apart from the general neglect of the banks and weed growth in the lochs, last time ( the very last time ) I was there I was accused of not paying after 2 hours fishing .  :!

I knew how much I had and exactly how much I had spent so pointed this out.   I said you must have forgot to give  me a ticket and surely the till can be checked - there were not many fishing so it should have been easy . Was told till could not be checked .  ???

It is a pity since  it used to be a good handy place to fish .  Maybe the owners should take more notice of what anglers ( customers ) say to them .

Three alternative fisheries not far away so not missing the place.

Pete   :mad

guthrie

« Reply #6 on: 25/07/2011 at 11:07 »
i was up there two weeks ago. after paying the money felt dissapointed with the weed. managed to find a bit that they had started cutting weed out and managed to land some trout. only one of the ponds was semi fishable which is a shame because it did used to be such a lovely place to go to. Hopefully the owners will try and treat this problem properly and get it back to the way it used to be with good fishing and hard fighting trouts to be had.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com