Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Quickcast 84

Re: A Week Up North
« Reply #15 on: 02/07/2011 at 00:53 »
looks like a great trip and great scenery,wish i had time on my hands  :cry superb report ben  :z16

Euan Innes

« Reply #16 on: 02/07/2011 at 20:30 »
Right, let's get some things a bit clearer here.

Ben drinks but doesn't cook - at least he is incapable in the mornings and too focused on fishing by tea time to do so. Little pointers about casting make up for this. However his ability to drink meant that he was very welcome in my books! Thanks Dude.
Also, Hamish said that you couldn't hear him whine on Cul Fraich in a tube - you guys were up wind. I heard him just fine!

Kev doesn't drink because he looks like Robson Green when he nods off. He does tie bloody good salt water flies though and is in his element when in a float tube after wild brownies. All round he is just a top bloke.

Windknot is just another top bloke - thanks for the Macallan, just a shame it only went round the table twice before it went over the shoulder...

Will makes a mean chilli, but we really should make sure there is plenty of bog roll before we eat, especially before 5 hours in a boat on Loch Assynt. Badass silver float tube Will...

Loch Beannich is heaven on earth, especially from a tube. My facial muscles were sore from grinning.
Alfas work just fine.
Loch Drumbeg - see Beannich
Waders leak if you don't use them for a while.
Good mates loan you their spares.
The Red Oktober is my favourite way with trout.
Weather reports are for sh#t.
Lochinver pies ROCK!!
Chopping 18" off the front of a Wulff TT makes it work MUCH better with Scottish flies.
Ben swears a LOT.
I mean a LOT.
One of the flies of my own design works a treat when the olive mayflies are out :grin
The cottage was designed for fishermen and the deck has a view to die for.

And there are probably a whole bunch of other things too but I could ramble for days. It was a great week and I can highly recommend it.

Just don't take my slot!

Noel Kelly

« Reply #17 on: 02/07/2011 at 21:18 »
Awesome guys :z16 Really wish I could have gone on this one.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #18 on: 03/07/2011 at 01:31 »
Great stuff Euan

been missing your brand of humor round here.
I hope this means you are back in the playground :z16
I'm back soon too, looks like end of September now, might just make the last couple of days
of the trout season on the river after all :grin

sandy

Iain Goolager

« Reply #19 on: 03/07/2011 at 08:11 »

:z13

Hamish Young

« Reply #20 on: 04/07/2011 at 11:14 »
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA  :z13

Very good Iain, very good indeed  :wink

Irvine - sorry to hear the North Uist trip was 'windswept and interesting', that's a trip I'd like to have done this year. Oddly enough I had someone on the Orvis stand at Scone asking for an 8wt rod for a Uist trip..... 'what you after' says I.
'Brown trout' says he....'I need the 8wt to deal with the wind'.
'What size of trout' says I.
'Oh, half pounders'.
'Ahhhh' says I.
I made a suggestion he should get some instruction in dealing with the wind and sent him to the GAIA stand, he came back and bought a 6 weight instead :wink Thinking about it, with the gales and all, I can see why an 8wt might have been appealing :!
:z3

Allan Liddle

« Reply #21 on: 05/07/2011 at 17:15 »
I made a suggestion he should get some instruction in dealing with the wind and sent him to the GAIA stand, he came back and bought a 6 weight instead

Thanks for that Hamish.  I'd actually suggested he go back and buy a spinning rod  :shock :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com