Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Patrick

Waulkmill Fishery
« on: 27/06/2011 at 15:58 »
Have been up to Waulkmill several times this week. Both days I have had a great day. Weather conditions were a bit dodgy, however did not seem to have an impact. First day I was up I caught 8 fish all above 5lb , very good fighting fish. The second day I caught 11 again all above 5lb. I was up with my grandfather and he caught 4 blue trout, which were excellent fish.

Jim Eddie

Re: Waulkmill Fishery
« Reply #1 on: 27/06/2011 at 16:56 »
Well done Patrick  :z16

:z18

Jim

Patrick

« Reply #2 on: 27/06/2011 at 18:54 »
Thanks Jim. I would advise you to go up, great fun especially on the dry flies. All lot of fish rising and taking on sedges.
Patrick  :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 27/06/2011 at 19:06 »
Hi Patrick
Yes I do fish Waulkmill now and again.

Jim

Quickcast 84

« Reply #4 on: 27/06/2011 at 19:57 »
patrick
you must be very lucky,with all the fish being over 5lb.its all wee fish getting put in now after george stopped.he never put in blues either.did he? that must have been the angling club stocking them

PDScott

« Reply #5 on: 27/06/2011 at 22:23 »
I have fished Waulkmill for years and George has been putting in Blues for as long as I can remember. Good to hear that fish are being caught because several weeks ago it was reported to be "dead"
Peter

adambrain

« Reply #6 on: 28/06/2011 at 08:31 »
I Waulkmill a day ticket water or club ? Can anyone tell me please.

Patrick

« Reply #7 on: 28/06/2011 at 09:32 »
patrick
you must be very lucky,with all the fish being over 5lb.its all wee fish getting put in now after george stopped.he never put in blues either.did he? that must have been the angling club stocking them

I can inform you that he did put in blues, as my grandfather had crimonmoggate fishery and my grandfather and George were good friends and i remember George telling me himself that he put in blues.  And the angling club has been putting in larger fish as I was talking to an angling club warden and he said that they do now and again.  :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 28/06/2011 at 10:50 »
I Waulkmill a day ticket water or club ? Can anyone tell me please.

Adam

Its run by the Broch angling club now, you can get day tickets from the shop in the square at Maud. Its £10 C & R or £15 for 2 fish.

Jim

adambrain

« Reply #9 on: 28/06/2011 at 13:08 »
Adam

Its run by the Broch angling club now, you can get day tickets from the shop in the square at Maud. Its £10 C & R or £15 for 2 fish.

Jim

Ah chher bud thats superb news, now I have an escape when I visit the folks in new deer.
There is also another wee pond just outside new deer off the turriff road I visit occationally, its not advertised. Never seen anyone else there was wondering if anyone knows about it?

cheers again Jim

Quickcast 84

« Reply #10 on: 28/06/2011 at 18:06 »
strange that.i have fished waulkmill for 10 years and never caught a blue,nor have my mates

Patrick

« Reply #11 on: 28/06/2011 at 18:23 »
strange that.i have fished waulkmill for 10 years and never caught a blue,nor have my mates
Well I have caught several and my grandfather aswell, and we do know what they look like as my grandfather stocked blues when he had his fishery.  Also George said he stocked aswell. So you must have of been unlucky to catch some.
Patrick

jonathonp950

« Reply #12 on: 29/06/2011 at 22:45 »
i fishet  it on tuesday and i had 4 blues and 5 raimbows biggest at 9 lb

Quickcast 84

« Reply #13 on: 02/07/2011 at 00:30 »
sorry patrick, i stand corrected.my mate has just told me that he has caught a blue at waulkmill.i have never had that luck lol.i honestly thought there was not blues in that water,i talked to george a lot and he never talked about them being in the stock.i have however had a couple of browns there.  :z16

Quickcast 84

« Reply #14 on: 02/07/2011 at 00:50 »
adamb
you might be talking about mill of greens,which has electrical pilons down one side? if so it can be a tricky water,but find the correct fly and you will be laughing  :z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com