Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jonathan Kerr

TCX or Zaxis...help
« on: 12/06/2011 at 11:59 »
Hi all, i know you guys are pretty into your casting, and do casting competitions etc..so im sure you will know your rods!

i'm trying to decide whether to get a tcx or ZA blank. Having not tried either, and not knowing anyone locally with one i'm not sure yet which one to get.

I know the TCX is much faster, but is it too fast/stiff to use for normal everyday fishing? is it really just a specific rod for only distance casting, or can you use it as an all around rod for other situations too. I'll be getting a 6wt, 9'6" and building it to be used in saltwater and lochs around shetland mainly.

any advice appreciated!!  

Sandy Nelson

Re: TCX or Zaxis...help
« Reply #1 on: 12/06/2011 at 12:27 »
I know the TCX is much faster, but is it too fast/stiff to use for normal everyday fishing? is it really just a specific rod for only distance casting, or can you use it as an all around rod for other situations too.

tosh

no and yes :z4

the TCX is a great fishing tool, I've built quite a few now for myself and I love Them.
The ZA is a dumbed down XP, dull, dull ,dull unlike the XP.IMHO :z3
The TCX will do whatever you ask it too, as long as you can live with the colour
then it is a great fishing rod. Plus it is a superb casting machine to play with on the grass
when you can't get to the water.
Do it, you'll love it, I promise  :z16

sandy

Jonathan Kerr

« Reply #2 on: 12/06/2011 at 13:07 »
thanks sandy, that is fantastic. i was really hoping i might get that response because i love the colour of the tcx!

i was just reading your post comparing the tcx/s4 so its quite funny that you just happened to reply to this at the same time!

thats me decided, tcx it is then..  :grin

now for the fun of building it sometime in July!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 12/06/2011 at 13:28 »
Cool :cool:

I'm sure you will love it :z16

looking fed to hearing how the build goes .

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com