Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

emerger

JG emerger
« on: 24/02/2007 at 22:11 »
Has anyone else tryed the JG emerger??. Basically its a klinkhammer variation with a split wing using calf tail. I've caught many a large trout using this pattern, just wondered if anyone else has had any success with this pattern, it can lead to some explosive action.

Sandy Nelson

JG emerger
« Reply #1 on: 25/02/2007 at 07:56 »
No never specifically tried the JG emerger.
If i remember rightly it fishes similar to Wyatts DHE,a fly that is great tied with Snowshoe hare.Do you reckon the split wing makes a diffference? I have a problem getting past my CDC spiders during a rise but have spent ages wondering about the merits of winging flies

What type of bodies do you use, i take it you tie them in a variety of colours to match the various hatches?

Photos are always cool too. :z16

Sandy

Mike Barrio

JG emerger
« Reply #2 on: 25/02/2007 at 08:40 »
If you need some help with photos ...... send them to me at the email address that I use for your forum welcome message and I can post them on here for you.

:z18
Mike

Derek 365

JG emerger
« Reply #3 on: 25/02/2007 at 13:26 »
Never heard of it until now . click on the link below .
http://www.flyfishing-and-flytying.co.uk/flytying/trigger.html
I did my research  :lol:

Dutchfly

JG emerger
« Reply #4 on: 27/02/2007 at 11:33 »
Yep, tried it and loved it.

Last year on The Don I caught a beautiful 2 lbs. trout on sir Archies beat on an orange JG Emerger.

Since I read about it some years ago in FF&FT it's become one of my favourite riverpatterns. I like it more then a 'standard' Klinkhamer.

CU

Jeroen

Mike Livingstone

At the vice tonight
« Reply #5 on: 27/02/2007 at 13:02 »
Not tried it yet but I guess I should throw a few in the box for this season.  I prefer the looks and have also proven the catching power of Wyatt's DHE and have tied a Snowshoe hare foot and bloa variant that I want to try on the LDO hatch this year.

Mike Barrio

JG emerger
« Reply #6 on: 01/03/2007 at 11:17 »
( Photos & info sent by emerger )

These sample of JG Emergers are tied based on John Goddards original pattern, although I do tie variations using natural dubbed bodies hares ear etc and snowshoe wing for downsized variants. I do believe the split wing makes the fly more tempting to the fish than a standard klinkhammer.

Sandy Nelson

JG emerger
« Reply #7 on: 01/03/2007 at 17:48 »
Cool

Now I reckon a space can be made for a few of these.

What sizes and colours would you reccomend giving a try?

Sandy

emerger

JG emerger
« Reply #8 on: 01/03/2007 at 19:49 »
Sandy

This will be my fourth season using this pattern. Last 2 years in April I found that a size 14 tied with a rustic orange body did the trick.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com