Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Matt Henderson

Rod tubes
« on: 02/06/2011 at 15:41 »
All,

I'm looking for a rod tube to house the 13ft 4 piece rod that I'm building.  Any ideas? I tried David Norwich and he can't supply the size I require.  I can get a cloth type one off of John Norris but it's for a 14ft rod rather than 13ft.  Also I was really looking for an aluminium tube with a screw lid similar to a sage one. 

All help gratefully received.

Cheers

Matt

Iain Goolager

Re: Rod tubes
« Reply #1 on: 02/06/2011 at 17:51 »
Hi Matt,

Have you turned down the handle yet? If not may I suggest one of these...........................

:z4

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 02/06/2011 at 19:56 »

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: 02/06/2011 at 22:33 »
Irene I was going to build you a rod next, not after that comment!

Jim thanks for that, I'm a bit worried that the rod will rattle about a bit in a tube meant for a 14ft rod.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 03/06/2011 at 01:56 »
Irene I was going to build you a rod next, not after that comment!

Jim thanks for that, I'm a bit worried that the rod will rattle about a bit in a tube meant for a 14ft rod.

Put it in a bag first :z7

Sandy

Matt Henderson

« Reply #5 on: 03/06/2011 at 07:56 »
Put it in a bag first :z7

Sandy

Thanks Sandy :z7

I've got a bag to collect from the post office, just don't wnat the rod in the bag rattlikng about in a tube thats too long!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: 03/06/2011 at 08:58 »
Matt

I reckon that the tube at 110cm is going to be bang on for a 13ft 4 piece

http://www.anglingcentre.net/acatalog/f_Rod_tubes.html

Cheers

Jim

Matt Henderson

« Reply #7 on: 03/06/2011 at 09:47 »
They do look good Jim.  Might just get one and then stuff a duster or something down to the far end if the rod still rattles around in the tube once it's inside it's bag.

I did find this which looks good but is three times the price of the tubes Jim found and that's without adding import tax and shipping....

http://www.rec.com/html/rodcasealuminum.html

cheers

matt

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 03/06/2011 at 10:13 »
They do look good Jim.  Might just get one and then stuff a duster or something down to the far end if the rod still rattles around in the tube once it's inside it's bag.

I did find this which looks good but is three times the price of the tubes Jim found and that's without adding import tax and shipping....

http://www.rec.com/html/rodcasealuminum.html

cheers

matt

They do look nice tubes Matt, in importing stiff from the States, it can be hit or miss, I've got some rods waders etc through no problem , I've also been stung when buying a rod , wher you have to pay them £25 for them sending you a letter to tell you you need to pay the duty  :mad

Saying that just got a nice wee 6ft 9" 3# Split Cane rod from China this week with no customs issues  :cool:

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com