Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Matt Henderson

Rod tubes
« on: June 02, 2011, 15:41:38 PM »
All,

I'm looking for a rod tube to house the 13ft 4 piece rod that I'm building.  Any ideas? I tried David Norwich and he can't supply the size I require.  I can get a cloth type one off of John Norris but it's for a 14ft rod rather than 13ft.  Also I was really looking for an aluminium tube with a screw lid similar to a sage one. 

All help gratefully received.

Cheers

Matt

Goolager

Re: Rod tubes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 17:51:35 PM »
Hi Matt,

Have you turned down the handle yet? If not may I suggest one of these...........................

:z4

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 19:56:40 PM »
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 22:33:28 PM »
Irene I was going to build you a rod next, not after that comment!

Jim thanks for that, I'm a bit worried that the rod will rattle about a bit in a tube meant for a 14ft rod.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 01:56:11 AM »
Irene I was going to build you a rod next, not after that comment!

Jim thanks for that, I'm a bit worried that the rod will rattle about a bit in a tube meant for a 14ft rod.

Put it in a bag first :z7

Sandy
John Geirach 1999 "Millions of trout have died of old age before i could catch them and there's not a damn thing i can do about that"

Matt Henderson

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:56:38 AM »
Put it in a bag first :z7

Sandy

Thanks Sandy :z7

I've got a bag to collect from the post office, just don't wnat the rod in the bag rattlikng about in a tube thats too long!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 08:58:50 AM »
Matt

I reckon that the tube at 110cm is going to be bang on for a 13ft 4 piece

http://www.anglingcentre.net/acatalog/f_Rod_tubes.html

Cheers

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Matt Henderson

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:47:09 AM »
They do look good Jim.  Might just get one and then stuff a duster or something down to the far end if the rod still rattles around in the tube once it's inside it's bag.

I did find this which looks good but is three times the price of the tubes Jim found and that's without adding import tax and shipping....

http://www.rec.com/html/rodcasealuminum.html

cheers

matt

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 10:13:52 AM »
They do look good Jim.  Might just get one and then stuff a duster or something down to the far end if the rod still rattles around in the tube once it's inside it's bag.

I did find this which looks good but is three times the price of the tubes Jim found and that's without adding import tax and shipping....

http://www.rec.com/html/rodcasealuminum.html

cheers

matt

They do look nice tubes Matt, in importing stiff from the States, it can be hit or miss, I've got some rods waders etc through no problem , I've also been stung when buying a rod , wher you have to pay them 25 for them sending you a letter to tell you you need to pay the duty  :mad

Saying that just got a nice wee 6ft 9" 3# Split Cane rod from China this week with no customs issues  :cool:

:z18

Jim

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum