Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

shefish

fishing in scotland
« on: 01/06/2011 at 16:43 »
Thank you for letting me join in on this fly fishing forum. I was hoping to get a few questions answered. I am traveling to your great land next week and will be bringing my rod with me. Not sure how much time I will have to fish but didn't want to leave home without it. I have one whole day up in the Aberdeen area on June 17th and would love to find a place to go fish. I will not have a car and will have to take the bus somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions. Also will be in Drumnadrochit the following week for a few days and would like to fish there too. I realize there is alot of private land. Is there a website that has the rules and regulations for lochs and rivers. I would probably be more into loch fishing as I don't have to have waders and boots. Thanks for your replies. Kerry

Mike Barrio

Re: fishing in scotland
« Reply #1 on: 01/06/2011 at 17:26 »
Hi Kerry
Welcome to the forum :z16

When you say "more into loch fishing" ...... do you mean stocked loch fishing or wild loch fishing, or have you any preference? It would probably be easier to get to a stocked fishery on a bus for example?

Just a thought, as it might make it easier for folk to help you out with a reply :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

Re: fishing in scotland
« Reply #2 on: 01/06/2011 at 20:04 »
Kerry

Not many wild lochs near aberdeen , particularly if you are relying on public transport. You could get a bus to Oldmeldrum and walk the mile or so to Lochter.
Or if anyone from aberdeen is heading to Haddo they could maybe offer you a lift.

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com