Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Rescobie
« on: 29/05/2011 at 19:04 »
I was down at Rescobie today with the CSSC. Started off well with a 3lb rianbow on the 1st drift, looked like we were in for a good day.
How wrong could you be  :z6 Wind started to get up,  only sheltered spot was doc Millers, even then it was difficult as the wind was swirling. David managed a nice rianbow before it just go to wild.
We watched as another boat tried to get back to the boathouse, even with the electric motor and the oars it was a struggle. I said to David we should have a go next time there was a lull. It was a bit of a struggle but with some sterling work from David on the oars we made it. The guy in the boathouse was heading out to rescue a couple of boats up the far end who could not make it back up.
Its a nice venue, typical lowland loch, some nice Rainbows and laways some big Brownies caught, you can also get a surprise now and agin like today when one of our members hooked what was estimated to be a 12lb Pike.

:z18

Jim       

Iain Goolager

Re: Rescobie
« Reply #1 on: 01/06/2011 at 00:01 »
Looks like you chose the wrong weekend Jim  :z8

Poor show when your expectations are shattered due to the wind or cold.  :z6
Should have taken the Baitfish patterns for the Pike by the sound of things.
 :z3

No pictures?

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 01/06/2011 at 06:25 »
Aye shit happens Iain  :wink

I'm down at Leven a week on Monday just hope the weathers kind.

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 01/06/2011 at 21:31 »
Shame you didnt get some decent weather Jim  :z6
I might head out there tomorrow for a wee cast and see what happens  :z18
Think i best take 2 batteries with me incase  :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com