Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Jim Eddie

Rescobie
« on: May 29, 2011, 19:04:03 PM »
I was down at Rescobie today with the CSSC. Started off well with a 3lb rianbow on the 1st drift, looked like we were in for a good day.
How wrong could you be  :z6 Wind started to get up,  only sheltered spot was doc Millers, even then it was difficult as the wind was swirling. David managed a nice rianbow before it just go to wild.
We watched as another boat tried to get back to the boathouse, even with the electric motor and the oars it was a struggle. I said to David we should have a go next time there was a lull. It was a bit of a struggle but with some sterling work from David on the oars we made it. The guy in the boathouse was heading out to rescue a couple of boats up the far end who could not make it back up.
Its a nice venue, typical lowland loch, some nice Rainbows and laways some big Brownies caught, you can also get a surprise now and agin like today when one of our members hooked what was estimated to be a 12lb Pike.

:z18

Jim       
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Goolager

Re: Rescobie
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 00:01:54 AM »
Looks like you chose the wrong weekend Jim  :z8

Poor show when your expectations are shattered due to the wind or cold.  :z6
Should have taken the Baitfish patterns for the Pike by the sound of things.
 :z3

No pictures?

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 06:25:21 AM »
Aye shit happens Iain  :wink

I'm down at Leven a week on Monday just hope the weathers kind.

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 21:31:16 PM »
Shame you didnt get some decent weather Jim  :z6
I might head out there tomorrow for a wee cast and see what happens  :z18
Think i best take 2 batteries with me incase  :wink

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk