Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

What a week with gales, swirling winds, heavy rain showers, with hail interspersed, and low air temperatures leading to low catches with the fish lying very deep for most of the week, but occasionally taking on or near the surface.

In common with most fisheries, supplies for restocking have been difficult but we have managed to arrange for restocking at our normal levels however this year looks like being a difficult one. On the brighter side, A Murray from Gardenstown netted 50 fish in his three trips predominantly on a Black Fritz whilst Mike Ewen jnr followed last week's 9lb specimen with a 7.5 pounder.

Other catches this week included;

C Wright                 Aberdeen         9 fish      May Fly and Dries
B Hay                     Aberdeen         9 fish      May Fly and Dries
D Buchan                Inverallochy      6 fish     Black Zulu
N Thomson             Turriff              6 fish     Buzzer / Black Nomad

Next week looks like it will be more settled weatherwise and from mid-week a rise in temperature is predicted, hopefully leading to more surface activity and better catches.

The fishery is a Troutmaster water and is open to all comers with rod, boat and tackle available for hire. Booking is not necessary. For more information phone Bob on 07980 999 006. :z15

mike

Re: Delgatie Castle Trout Fishery report w/e 28/05/11
« Reply #1 on: 31/05/2011 at 12:39 »
Hi there guys,

Could you tell me if there are any competitions on this Saturday (4th June ) at Delgatie or if the fishery is open to the public as normal please . I tried calling the number on the web page but it seems to have changed as some woman didn't seem to have a clue what i was on about !!!!!
Also what are the prices .
Cheers,
Mike .

Re: Delgatie Castle Trout Fishery report w/e 28/05/11
« Reply #2 on: 12/06/2011 at 13:05 »
Hi Mike

Apologies for not answering your message earlier. I didn't notice it until I was posting today's report. If you contact me on 07980 999 006 I can give you information on prices etc.

Kind regards

Bob

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com