Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Abel

worming
« on: 27/05/2011 at 12:35 »
Hi guys im looking for a bit of info on worming :?When is the best time as with the tide high or low and time of day and how much water is in the river Ie if its been raining. I have joined the Fraserburgh Angling club this year and think its worth a bash.Thank for your replys its aprecated thanks again all the best James  :z18

Jim Eddie

Re: worming
« Reply #1 on: 27/05/2011 at 13:20 »
James

As you have joined the Broch angling club you will be reffering specifically to the Waters of Philorth. I would normally say forget the worm and fish the fly but those waters are not the best fly waters.
Its mainly tidal so you fish the tides, an hour or so before and after high tide, rain will be important as migratory fish genearlly will enter the river when they sense the flow of fresh water. Basically if its rained and the water is higher you  are more likely to have fish running the river.

:z18

Jim   

Quickcast 84

« Reply #2 on: 29/05/2011 at 00:02 »
at philorth the worm has got me the biggest fish at a deeper level,quarter to half pound mark.when i use the fly,i get loads of fish,but not much size 5-7 inch,the fly to use is a size 16 spider or 16-18 black buzzer.works for me  :z18

James Abel

« Reply #3 on: 29/05/2011 at 14:39 »
Hi guys thanks for the replies  :z12 i was out at the philorth yesterday for a walk in the afternoon i saw hee haw not the best time though.  I went to the breakwater today at Fraserburgh there were a few guys fishing for mackrell and 1 of the guys cought a sea trout off the south breakwater 2 weeks ago  :shock it was only 6 inches but i have never herd of anyone catching one off the break water before times are changing I hope its a sign of things to come :grin
 all the best James

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com