Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

On the loch
« on: 22/05/2011 at 01:10 »
Hi folks :cool:

I haven't seen any kingfishers or any moorhens on the loch so far this year ...... strange :z6

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

Re: On the loch
« Reply #1 on: 22/05/2011 at 20:11 »
Maybe the Mink are to blame for the moorhens ? I walk round Johnson gardens of a lunch-time and the moorhens there have a clutch of chicks.

:z18

Jim

Matt Henderson

« Reply #2 on: 22/05/2011 at 20:18 »
I haven't seen any moorhens on the river either? Still plenty of swans though!

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 22/05/2011 at 20:20 »
Have seen a mink on two separate evenings on the don this year. Could be the same one. Not heard a cuckoo yet this year either.
Kingfisher numbers are said to be well down this year after the harsh winter. Don't know about the moor hens but I guess they could have been effected as well.  

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 22/05/2011 at 20:23 »
Aye the Swans are a bit big for the Mink to tackle Matt  :wink

I was out at Fedderate last Saturday, Swan swam over my line and hooked its self   :roll luckily managed to free it after a bit of a struggle.

I was then walking alnong the bank and a Swallow swooped down and took my dropper  :z4 managed to realease itself unharmed  :z16

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #5 on: 22/05/2011 at 22:14 »
Speaking of swans I counted 50 but there were more than that in one flock a few weeks ago on The Don. They must be doing serious damage to the weed beds. 

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com