Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

macleodsat11

All Nighter
« on: 09/05/2011 at 13:24 »
does anyone know of any all night events,

pack the tent, Fashin till sunset, sink a few tins, barbie, get up with the sunrise, and fish till the hangover wears off.... 

adambrain

Re: All Nighter
« Reply #1 on: 09/05/2011 at 20:12 »
When Johnathan owned Delgati he put on a few great all nighters but not heard of anyone doing it at all, was a superb gathering tho with beer and BBQ and fishing at 5 am.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #2 on: 09/05/2011 at 23:39 »
I'm sure Rothes does an all night bash, or you could simply have yer own, head for Lochindorb wi the tent n tube and fish yer heed awf 'till it gets dark (pick middle o June and it dosen't hardly do that).  Quick cat nap and yer off again fur the mornin rise (that's troots i'm on about)

Alternatively fish right through the night come in at 9.00, fry up on the stove and heid ddon in the car for a couple of hours before home time.  Fart about in the house for the rest of the day and fall asleep on the couch about eight, waking up sore and freezing at about 2.30 am.  Just like camping but without the midges, or the tent hastle.  :grin

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #3 on: 11/05/2011 at 14:30 »
I'm with you on that Allan,apart from the fishing any thing else would be outside my comfort zone, unless there wis an expensive malt involved, :shock easgach1

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 13/05/2011 at 14:51 »
Henry's the guy for expensive malts eh H?  :wink  He's also no bad at falling asleep on the couch  :z4

macleodsat11

« Reply #5 on: 18/05/2011 at 08:44 »
Just caught wind of an all nighter on June the 18th at Raemoir, its a charity event, not sure how it works, but will post details as i get them,  :z16

Quote from their fishing report "Donation forms are now available for the Charity all-night 'Fishathon' on Saturday 18th June starting at 10pm. All money raised will be divided between 'Friends of Anchor' and the Renal Unit, both at ARI."

DaveW

« Reply #6 on: 18/05/2011 at 13:24 »
i have fished a couple of these at Reamoir in the past and it is a very good night for charity. Usually start fishing at 10pm, prize for the first fish after midnight, then stop for the raffle prizes and auction. Plenty of burgers etc on the go all night with all proceeds going in the pot to the charities. Always great raffle prizes and goodies for auction, bring your own booze and the craic is always good, its a great night, enjoyed by all and you might even manage to pull yourself away from the chat and banter for a cast, usually always good sport as the sunrises.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com