Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Loch Park
« on: 08/05/2011 at 19:08 »
Met Allan and the rest of the boys at the Bunkhouse (its a great place to stay if you are in the area) they had made a hearty cooked breakfast  :z16
We then made our way down to the loch, for those who have never fished it its a long narroe loch but really weedy, there is a big pool at the bottom of the loch where the burn comes in thats weed free.
I did my usual and walked to the end of the loch and launched the tube from there. The weather was a mixed bag, overcast, warm and sunny amd torrential rain. There was agood hatch of olives, so lots of surface activity, I hit the right combination , gohst cruncher on the point and Iron blue dun on the dropper.No monsters but a few nice fish.

:z18

Jim

Ewan Lindsay

Re: Loch Park
« Reply #1 on: 08/05/2011 at 20:02 »
Beautiful looking fish Jim (especially the one in the bottom picture).  All of them look to be in superb condition too... :z16

Where is Loch Park?

Ewan

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 08/05/2011 at 20:14 »
Ewan

Its about 10 miles north of Huntly and 5 miles to the west of Keith.

http://www.lochpark.co.uk/picture-gallery.asp

Jim

Ewan Lindsay

« Reply #3 on: 08/05/2011 at 20:23 »
Cheers Jim

Ewan

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 08/05/2011 at 21:36 »
Big thanks to all who came along to the weekend and glad you all enjoyed it.

Fishing was excellent with Lochindorb responding well on the Friday and both the Sat loch (sorry you had to travel so far guys, we'll get a closer bunkhoose next time  :oops) and Park on Sunday fishing really well.  Digs were excellent as always and big thanks to James at Loch Park. 
Best fish was Sandy's 4 pounder, with him also taking second top spot with a three as well  :z16
Graham, Henry, Scott and poor old me had to make do with several each betwen two and two 12oz  :wink

Nipped another nice two pounder on the Sun out of Park with pics to follow as soon as i can be bothered to download  :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 08/05/2011 at 21:41 »
Great stuff guys, looks like you had a great weekend :z16

Nice fish!

Best wishes
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: 09/05/2011 at 01:20 »
Some nice fish Jim, your getting no bad at the old brownies  :wink
Hammering them on the dirty weeker again  :z4 :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 09/05/2011 at 06:33 »
Some nice fish Jim, your getting no bad at the old brownies  :wink
Hammering them on the dirty weeker again  :z4 :z4

Spot on Baz , but don't give away the secret  :z4

Jim

« Reply #8 on: 09/05/2011 at 11:26 »

Thanks Allan for a chilled out weekend great fishing and great
       company. Started on Lochindorb on the Friday with plenty fish
       willing to play,biggest i had 1/2 lb good sport.
       Saturday was a great days fishing worth the long drive,everyone
       had a cracking day. :grin
       Sunday did not disappoint either at loch park Graham and i fished  
       the weeds with fish up to a 1 1/2lb for me.Graham had a cracker
       With a fish over 2lb. :z16
        Glad you enjoyed your breakfast Jim and a good days fishing.
        They are nice pictures  :z16 no pictures from me as i forgot my
         camera. I hope Sandy and Scott had a safe journey home

Henry :z18

Dave Mundie

« Reply #9 on: 09/05/2011 at 19:12 »
Do they supply boats at park?

Offthebard

« Reply #10 on: 09/05/2011 at 19:22 »
Another cracking weekend with fellow trootmiesters.

Left Plymouth in the darkest south of the shire at midnight thursday, teamed up with Rock Hard Henry at Lochindorb Fiday 2.30pm after a long slog North overnight, couldn't mistake that head and tube anywhere :z4. Anyway no time to waste and we were into some mighty wee wildies who were not happy at our intentions :z7, soon it was one a cast with Henry giving them a right pasting from the tube and the Bros hitting them hard on the shore - now I knew why we came North :cool: just nothing like Dorb for sport when its on top form. Eventually had to give the troots a rest and head to the accomadation organised by Allan  :z16 and it was straight into the chipper orders placed and beers collected for communal mouthwash.

Great evening as usual with the banter and general p*sh taking mixed up with a few drams - I should have been deed by now but something about a good broon troot bash just gets yer tail up :z3.

Following day the team was strengthened by the arrival of a top class meister by the name of Graham :z14 who soon was showing his colours at one of Allans favourite Lochs. Now its no secret that Allan keeps them close to his chest(oh I mean the loch folks and not his tenners) but he did not say we had to take sustenance for a weeks trek to beyond Aviemore - just as well it was close to the road near the toon or we might have still been wandering the Cairngorms :wink.

Anyway before I could even get my tube wet Graham was holding up a lunker :z15 from his tube just to get me in the mood and Rock Hard was pouring scorn on how a man couldnae get a decent cast for folk jumping in  :z7.

It was soon fish all round as Allan kicked off with a fish about 2Lb and I'm still trying to sort oot me flees :z19. Well things were soon going fine with three fish soon chomping on my snatchers(glad I spelt that right) all had taken the bibio point and all cracked a respectable pound mark - the best one must have been 1¼Lb :z12. I stuck it oot on the windy side of the loch with the others seeming to prefer the other banks :z8. Anyway its not meals on wheels and the lunches were - and were not eaten :z4.
Things were going much slower for me now but just as I was thinking of a change a cracker slammed into my point fly and decided to take me around the bay I new it was a belter and it soon proved so at around three pounds :z16 what a water Allan. Anyway I was like a pig in the proverbial after that and thought that was me for the day. About 20 mins later and just round into the next bay another thumping hit :z15 similar to the 3Lber but killing me. First I was chasing it finning like mad into the centre of the loch - then back into trouble hard on the shore, how it stuck I just couldn't believe it (note to self must look harder at Allans Tube Fin Idea :z17). Soon enough for me the troot was running oot of steam - it was a close run thing - and safely lying on my tube :z3. The bugger had towed me around the loch and made me look like a demented duck :oops. Well Lunker stakes it was and it was a mega troot for me at a good 4Lb and thick set with it. I soon discovered why he had not come of as the point fly was right down near the gill rackers and well set. Oot with the snips and a monster slowly slipped back into the deeps. :z12 Well after that I just spent a good 5 minutes lying back in the tube sucking it up. The water, the lads, the atmosphere, and I knew I had just gone to troot heaven. I made a few wee attempts after that at worrying the troots but I was so laid back I didn't need much persuasion to go back to the Bunkhouse.

Soon the evening was in full swing with all round chinkies,beer, and drams :z18 - this rapidly descended into the usual banter with Allan promising monsters from park the following day and giving us a full brief on how we should scare the troots :wink - the fly of choice was simple but highly effective - sorry guys if you are not there I canny tell you the secret :z7.

Park looked great with that weedy productive look and while Henry and Graham chose the lodge end Allan took us newbies to join Jim at the top end for some rod bender action :z1. Jim of course had been sabotaged earlier with a big chlorestorol surprise brekkie - compulsory on these events ;D.
I was soon into stalking fish under the trees - it just dose not get any better - troot up and rising in crystal clear water, wee drys on the nose and sup yer in!!!!! Allans special flee was doing the damage so agent "A" came good  again :z14. As they say with this sort of tube fishing at close range - "there is just no substitute".

All too soon it was 2.30pm and time to bail oot and pack gear and tubes away :z19 but what a weekend and so early in the season. I had plenty to think about on the way back to Englandshire and just can't wait for my next foray North into gods land of the broonie.

To all the lads thanks for a great weekend that had everything from mad wildies in Dorb with Henry - to monster lunkers in perfect lochs with Graham. A big thanks to Allan for putting it all together and it was fantastic to get some quality time with such a like minded group of guys. Cannot wait for my next chance to meet up and share a dram again.

Tight Lines Sandy & Scott

Jim Eddie

« Reply #11 on: 09/05/2011 at 19:25 »
Do they supply boats at park?
Yes Dave there are a couple of boats available.

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 09/05/2011 at 21:13 »
"OFFTHEBARD" ........ Cracking report, great fun to read and you must surely win a prize for the most ever smilies used in a post :z14

Great stuff :z16
Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 09/05/2011 at 22:52 »
Nice reports guys.

Jim your's is best  :z16 
Again, photo's either make or break a post & the markings on all of those fish are so different it's awsome.

Off the ball - your post was a great read and very enthusiastic but no photo's  :z8  must try harder

well done again :z16

Iain

Allan Liddle

« Reply #14 on: 09/05/2011 at 23:31 »
Cheers to all and glad you made it home safe Sandy, sadly the whole country south of Dufftown in pigging out on chips after getting a whiff of the 'Crisp n Dry Rover'  :z4

Iain pics still to come, promise, as is Broontroots input.

Sadly no fishing for me for ages as i've to wait until Sat before i'm oot again, then Monday and the following Friday and Sat for good measure  :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com