Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Tam Greenock

Glasgow angling centre debate!
« Reply #15 on: 24/02/2007 at 10:10 »
Thanks, l have been at the old shop a couple of times but not the new one, Livi are playing at Airdrie on the 10th so will make a weekend of it.

Tam Greenock

« Reply #16 on: 27/02/2007 at 10:53 »
Have just found out that the Open Day is on the 25th & 26th March  :grin:

Tam Greenock

« Reply #17 on: 24/03/2007 at 08:14 »
Well lm totally peed off now, called GAC yesterday to find out what time Charles Jardine and Paul Procter were going to be there to give their demonstrations at the Special Open weekend and the guy on phone told me that they dont have one this weekend, so l promptly told him to go look on the the internet site under catalogues and then Game fishing download, he then agreed with me that there was a Special weekend on and that he would have a quick word with his boss. Two minutes later he came back and told me that that was last years Open and that it should have been removed.
Thing is l have booked into a hotel in Glasgow and taken Monday off work so l could spend all day sunday down there, and when l got to work, had a check on net and it had been removed.   :mad:

wildfisher

« Reply #18 on: 24/03/2007 at 08:44 »
That's a bit of a bummer Tam – only thing I can’t understand is why on earth you would want  to waste good fishing time going to all the way to GAC to see  Paul Proctor or Charles Jardine?  :shock:

Hamish Young

« Reply #19 on: 24/03/2007 at 10:40 »
Comiserations Tam  :cry:  but you could always go down to the Scone Game Fair or the Trout & Salmon Tweed Angling Fair http://www.tweedanglingfair.co.uk/index.htm instead  :idea:  
Was lots of good stuff at last years T&S show  :wink:

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #20 on: 25/03/2007 at 09:54 »
Sorry about that Tam

But at the risk of saying I told you so, it was being advertised in FF&FT as the 10/11th and i knew Magnus was going down.
I must have missed your post about the 25/26, sorry. Been very busy of late. Still i disagree with fred, Paul and Charles are worth meeting, but they were very busy.
The game fair as Hamish says is probably a much better bet. Great fun and if the weather is good, its a fantastic day out. You can take the family too. :z16

Sandy

Tam Greenock

« Reply #21 on: 26/03/2007 at 09:06 »
Thanks Hamish, l have been at the Scone fair a few times now and its a great day out.
Unfortunately l dont buy the FF&FT regularly so didnt know Open day was  advertised in there, l had a good time as it happens and tried out a few rods, Z-axis, Scott G2 and the Greys Grxi, all very good rods with the Greys being the only one l got within 2 feet of end of casting pool.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com