Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Jim Eddie

Den of Ogil
« on: May 05, 2011, 20:58:49 PM »
Had a wee day out with Young Baz at the Den of Ogil (thanks for all the good work on the rudder Baz) its a small reservoir at the top of Glen Ogil. Its really only fishable from the boat as the banks are very steep, there are 3 boats available.

Conditions were near perfect, overcast with a nice ripple. Purists look away now :wink Its a long very deep narrow loch , a bit like Park without the weeds, I reckon because its so deep the trout are not free rising, we caught most of them withing 10 ft of the bank, sinking lines were the order of the day, shuggies, flexi-cats and Kate MClaren sparklers were the best flies.We had a fair few to the boat best at 3-1/2 lbs

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Goolager

Re: Den of Ogil
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 21:11:56 PM »
Nice one Jimbo n Baz,  :z16

some nice trout there..................what's a shuggie?  :shock

Good to see you smiling as usual Jim  :z4

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 21:14:37 PM »
Nice one Jimbo n Baz,  :z16

some nice trout there..................what's a shuggie?  :shock

Good to see you smiling as usual Jim  :z4

Iain

Shuggie, you really don't want to know Ian  :z4

I'm always happy on the inside Iain  :z4

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 21:39:17 PM »
The photos dont do some of those troot justice, some cracking sport today and certainly no shortage of fish  :wink
Water clarity was good and great fun watching the fish come from the depths to chase yer flee,cheers again for the banter and a good day out Jim  :z18 :z18 :z18 :z18

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 22:33:16 PM »

Nice fish Jim and Baz youse fairly had a great day out.
      Well done

Henry :z16

Allan Liddle

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 21:38:42 PM »
Crackin troots Jim.  Park withoot the weeds?  Ok time to get a trip planned.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 17:13:38 PM »

Had another few hours oot at the Den on wednesday and again some fine troot to be had, saw my first shiled  bug of the season also  :grin

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum