Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Quickcast 84

philorth
« on: 30/04/2011 at 18:52 »
heard there was a 8lb salmon took out of the philorth on the worm this week,what a great fish for such a small river.i fished it last year and caught browns,sea trout an salmon par in the 5-8 inch range.wish i hooked that salmon  :z15

ryan

Re: philorth
« Reply #1 on: 26/05/2011 at 19:07 »
where is the best bit to fish yhe philorth thinking of giving it a bash

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #2 on: 26/05/2011 at 19:14 »
Still a bit early yet for the sea trout there, I would give it another few weeks. The 'salmon' caught earlier in the season was a kelt. If you are a member of the Fraserburgh Angling club, you can fish above the road bridge on the Cairnbulg road, on the Fraserburgh side of the bank only, the Castle side is private. If you are fishing with just a Philorth ticket, you are restricted to downstream of the Cairnbulg road bridge.

Quickcast 84

« Reply #3 on: 26/05/2011 at 19:32 »
just up towards the bridge from the car park.theres a bank that has about 30-40 metres of clear bank.perfect spot for catching the browns.i had 20+ last time out.a few half pounders aswell  :z15

ryan

« Reply #4 on: 26/05/2011 at 21:27 »
Cheers lads give it a bash dont know where you get the tickets but somone did tell me that it was now 1 of the electrical shops since the pet shop closed :z18

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #5 on: 26/05/2011 at 22:36 »
You get them from Strachans electrical shop in High Street.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com