Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

mike

Where to go ????
« on: 26/04/2011 at 22:21 »
 :z8
 Hi folks , new to this forum so be kind !!! :cool:
I would just like to ask any advise on which fisheries you would recommend my brother and I can fish ? The reason I ask is that due to ill health he needs somewhere to sit now and again to take the pressure off of his knees . We normally go to either Mid mar or Raemoir but we fancy trying somewhere new within lets say a 60ml radius of Aberdeen . Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide . PS boat fishing is a no go as he is just not able for this so bank it has to be , cheers again ,

Regards ,
 Mike G .

Kev Danby

Re: Where to go ????
« Reply #1 on: 26/04/2011 at 22:38 »
Loch Insch has decent banks you can sit on and there are park style seats around the lochs and they are all a relatively short walk to the hut.

Dont recall what Lochter has but the banks are comfortable and two lochs are very close the the fishing hut

Artloch the hut is very close the the loch.

Delgatie has the hut close the the water

Dont recall what Glen of rothes has but the hut is close to the water, Kev at the fishery will be able to give more detail.

I dont think there is that much differece from the fisheries you currently go to just a bit further to travel.

Shame about the boats as Haddo is fine and easy access to the boat and you can stay seated for all of the session and you can row as much or as little as you like.

Fadpasser

« Reply #2 on: 26/04/2011 at 22:39 »
:z8
 Hi folks , new to this forum so be kind !!! :cool:
I would just like to ask any advise on which fisheries you would recommend my brother and I can fish ? The reason I ask is that due to ill health he needs somewhere to sit now and again to take the pressure off of his knees . We normally go to either Mid mar or Raemoir but we fancy trying somewhere new within lets say a 60ml radius of Aberdeen . Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide . PS boat fishing is a no go as he is just not able for this so bank it has to be , cheers again ,

Regards ,
 Mike G .

Mike how about Ledyatt Loch, just outside Dundee. Good quality fish plus will suit all your needs.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 27/04/2011 at 18:05 »
Good facilities at Rothes with hut, toilets, hot food and shop all close to hand, Lochter likewise.

If you, like me, prefer a more wild setting then Lochindorb is as good a roadside wild loch as you can find with the road literally within casting distance for much of the East shore.  I'm sure you'll manage to find plenty places to have a seat when required.  Smaller fish, but great crac, especially on a light set up.

mike

« Reply #4 on: 28/04/2011 at 15:44 »
Thanks very much guys , away to google some of your suggestions and take our pick from them . Thanks for all replys , its very much appreciated .

mike .  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com