Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Howard & Stuart

Lochter is Really Buzzing
« on: 25/04/2011 at 11:56 »
                                            Lochter is Really Buzzing
The warm weather of the past week has not only brought out the anglers it also has brought the water  and the waterside to life with huge hatches of flies coming off the lochs as well as clouds of terrestrial insects being blown in from the banks.
With this feast of food available, the trout have become a bit more choosy and as a consequence anglers using natural looking flies have been faring best.At the start of the week E McNelis had nine on small nymphs , S Roberts eleven on buzzers and daiwl bachs and George Beattie twelve on buzzers ,including three superb fish all over 5lbs.Other successful buzzers anglers included Denny and Gordon Mckay down from Inverness and scoring twenty between them, while Dougie Inglis up from Kilmarnock for a wee break had a great day with fourteen to his name.
Dry flies are beginning to come into their own and J Freeland had five rainbows and one very nice brownie on hoppers.
The Muckle Troot loch being considerably deeper than the other two lochs, provided opportunities for intermediate lines especially during the sunny periods. The dynamic duo of Bob Clark and Dave Barron used their favourite bunny leeches there and had a great time ending up with nineteen between them. Blobs worked for Alan Gordon who bagged fourteen and D Simpson used a variety of flies including a stripy fritz and a PTN to bank fifteen, three of which he kept for the barbeque .Novice lady angler Melissa McHardy, who works in the bookies in Ellon ,confounded the odds and landed a fantastic five pounder on a cats whisker.
It has been a most enjoyable and successful week and with more fine weather forecast, prospects are excellent.

Re: Lochter is Really Buzzing
« Reply #1 on: 25/04/2011 at 22:00 »
The last thing I expected to see when I clicked on this is my mothers name, it made me laugh alot.  :z4

Mike Barrio

Re: Lochter is Really Buzzing
« Reply #2 on: 26/04/2011 at 00:19 »
Hi Jamie

Welcome to the forum :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com